Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create vertical and horizontal videos with immersive camera effects, artistic filters, dynamic music, animated text, emoji, stickers, and more.
Make quick videos
• Record vertical and horizontal video clips with simple controls
• Add photos and videos from your library to quickly create a multi-clip video
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
• Connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or trackpad to create videos quickly
Amazing camera effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you within 360-degree video environments with special filters and sound effects**
Captions, text, and posters
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Apply customizable text stickers to label elements in your videos and photos
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Fun stickers and emoji
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, illustrated stickers, and shapes to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Express even more emotions with the featured Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers
Complete your video with music
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 100 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips videos
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* Some effects require iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or iPad Pro (2017) or later
** Memoji and Selfie Scenes require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Record and create videos in a new range of sizes including 9:16 vertical, 16:9 horizontal, 3:4 vertical and 4:3 horizontal
• Create videos on iPad when using the device vertically, horizontally and with a keyboard case
• Record Selfie Scenes in any orientation so you can see even more of the animated environment around you
• Use updated posters that automatically adapt to all vertical and horizontal video sizes
• See more of what you’re capturing with the new full-screen design
• Browse and add content to your videos more easily with the redesigned Effects and Media browsers
• Use Apple Pencil to write in text fields for labels and posters
• Add 14 new colourful text and shape stickers to your social videos
• Choose from 25 new soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your videos
• Share your video in any supported vertical or horizontal size with the new Share options, including a preview to see your video before sending
• Record High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos with the back camera on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
• View, edit and share HDR videos from your Photos library*
* Editing and sharing HDR video requires iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (7th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, or 10.5-inch iPad Pro or later
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My music won’t work
It won’t let me add my Apple Music into my vid
Well time has come for review.
To start I believe this app needs more to it “camera+” and “iMovie”. There is so much potential for it. If they can incorporate stuff “ProCam” with video magic. This will be the end all be all. Graphics and stuff are pretty basic but in my eye I wished for more but it’s a free app. Get creative 😁
So easy but with limitations
Clips makes it so extremely easy to produce great content, but currently I’m struggling to find a way to add my own audio track on top of a project. I don’t see any way to do it, which is a really frustrating limitation.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 139.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.