Coder Calc is a full featured scientific calculator tailored for programmers.
Best of all, it operates in Standard or Reverse Polish Notation modes, complete with a multi-line stack display! If you have an iPad, you also get the Scratch Pad, which is a neat way to work with stack values using your fingers.
In addition to the usual hexadecimal and binary base conversion, it features extensive programming-specific functions such as bit shifting, masking, two's complement, IEEE-754 conversion, and more. You can enter data in decimal, hex, or binary, and types can be mixed freely. Coder Calc also features a full suite of scientific and engineering operations. The operations are tailored to your preferred orientation, so depending on how you old the device, you get a different experience.
There are extensive customization options for appearance and function. Graphically, it's made to look right at home on your iPhone. If you've always felt calculators needed shinier buttons, then Coder Calc is for you!
A One Girl, One Laptop Production
Silly Software That's Sometimes Cool
Minor updates for iOS 13
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works for me
This is more or less the calculator I would've written for myself had I the time, so I'm so glad someone has done it for me already!
Features I like:
- Nice big buttons. Great for someone who's all thumbs on a touch screen.
- IEEE hex conversion for 32-bit floats! Are you kidding me? I do a lot of scientific coding and I've been perpetually disappointed by so-called programmer calculators which purport to do hex without floating-point. You're the first I've seen to offer this feature!
- The scratch pad is a deceptively simple yet useful idea. Just drag values over and they stick around for later use. I guess you could say if the RPN view is your "stack", the scratch pad is your "heap". In fact, if you're feeling artistic, you can arrange the numbers in an actual heap. How cool is that? :D
Features I'd like:
- A delete/backspace button? I really am all thumbs.
- Bluetooth keyboard support.
- Copy/paste to get numbers to/from other apps.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.