Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Improve reliability when registering for push notifications
- Small performance improvements when connecting to bouncers
- Fix issue where chat previews could disappear
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix it
Since IOS 13 auto scroll in chats no longer works making it unpleasant to use ....could you please fix this as I used to love using this app ....thanks
Used to be awesome
iOS 13 and the latest update made a formerly awesome app into something that feels unfinished. The font selection doesn’t work as expected... most of the choices don’t look correct. And the worst part is that chats don’t automatically scroll up the screen anymore. Unless you keep flicking upward you can’t see the latest messages... even your own.
Full of bugs
Recent version is making a mess of the app
A) each pm opens a new window then it freezes
B) at one point moving from channels or pm from the main window becomes impossible. It highlights but that's it. You have to restart the app! The main window is where the different servers are listed along with the open channels.
C) some times when I want to add a channel it goes through the process but then when I press "done" the channels are not showing.
For sometime now I have the feeling the app is getting worse not better with new revisions!!!!!
The developer, Colloquy Project, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jane Lee
- 10.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, German, Italian, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2017 Colloquy Project
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.