Controllers Lite is a simple way to test your game controllers before you buy the full version of Controllers. You can easily determine if drivers need to be installed based on whether or not your controllers appear in the left column after they've been connected to your Mac.
Try the full version of Controllers at controllersapp.com to use your game controllers to play almost any game on Mac, even games that don't have built-in support for controllers.
Hint: Xbox 360 controllers require a driver to be installed before they will work.
Once a controller has been successfully connected, a listing of buttons for the highlighted controller will appear in the right column. You can easily test the buttons on your game controller just by pressing them. If everything is working correctly, the button you pressed on your controller will be highlighted in the right column.
Hint: After you connect a PlayStation controller to your Mac make sure to press the PS button to turn it on.
- Added support for displaying button values
- Added support for pressure sensitive buttons
- Added support for faster access to help and button mapping
- Added more help menu options
- Added preference for turning off startup message
- Added preference to show IDs for controllers and buttons
- Added preference to disable automatic scrolling
- Added preference for console logging more information
- Added preference for turning off button values
- Added preference for adjusting dead zones
- Improvements for detecting button triggers
- Improvements to UI and updated app icon
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Work as expected :)
Perfect to test game pads layouts!
Simple and Very Useful
Quickly recognized the USB Joystick and gave me confirmation that the system saw the Joystick and that all the buttons worked,
Thx Mr. Johnson
The full app "controllers" is INCREDIBLY buggy on Catalina, it doesn't work
It just stops working all the time. You can't drag windows reliably. Sometimes the moving mouse option also just cuts out—like, every 5 minutes, and you have to open the app to make it work again. Ridiculous.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.