"… the definitive source for puzzles for iOS…" -- the New York Times
Play the Award Winning Crosswords on your iPad or iPhone, optimized for iOS 12! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; wake up each day to new puzzles, solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
• Touch and hold a square to view hints
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, difficulty or source
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
After upgrading, you can also:
• Automatically get new puzzles every day
• Access nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sources
• Grab older puzzles with a tap
• Download new puzzles automatically in the background
Upgraded Puzzle Sources:
• Brendan Emmett Quigley's Weekly Puzzle
• Inkwell Crossword (Archives only)
• Village Voice (Archives only)
• Chronicle of Higher Education (Archives only)
• King Features Crosswords (Joseph, Sheffer, and Premier)
• People Magazine (Archives only)
• Newsday (Archives only)
• Andy Kravis, Cruciverbist at Law
• Glutton for Pun
• MacNamara’s Band
• Murchie’s Monday Fills
• Neville Fogarty
• Puzzle Express
• The Stickler Weekly
• World of Crosswords
Premium Crosswords subscription required:
• Matt Gaffney’s Crossword Contest
• American Values Crossword
• Crooked Crosswords
Providers list subject to change.
•• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com ••
fixed ability to use shift-tab to go to the previous clue using an external keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
As of Monday October 26, this app stopped pulling in new puzzles, including ones for which I have paid subscriptions. But... now as of October 31 it works again! HIT THE MUSIC
This app used to be accessible for the visually impaired but now it is not
When I first downloaded this app a few years ago, it had full accessibility for voiceover. Now the keyboard is no longer accessible, although the grid still is. I am blind and I use voiceover on the iPhone, but now I am unable to access the keyboard to input my answers. This means that the puzzle bundle I bought last year is no longer something I am able to use. I would really appreciate if the keyboard could be made accessible again for those of us who rely on screen-reading technology in order to use our phones and enjoy apps like this.
Can’t find help
Lengthy menu options but no solutions to clues!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stand Alone, Inc.
- 13 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2008-2022 Stand Alone, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Crosswords Pro $13.99
- Crosswords Pro (Upgrade) $5.49
- Dell Crosswords $2.79
- Crossword Nation's Centennial Edition $10.99
- Dell Medium Crosswords $2.79
- Ridonkulous Crosswords $2.79
- Edited By Tausig 2 $3.99
- Brendan Emmett Quigley Freestyle $3.99
- Jonesin' Crosswords $3.99
- Brendan Emmett Quigley's Faves #1 $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.