Cryptomator makes your cloud storage trustworthy. The app encrypts files on your mobile device before they are uploaded to your cloud. Even if a third party gained unauthorized access to your files (e.g., hacker attack), your files are secure from prying eyes.
Cryptomator has been developed with a strong focus on user-friendliness.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with Touch ID / Face ID
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
Cryptomator for iOS is based on the solid open-source foundation of Cryptomator for Desktop.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is based on the open-source library Obj-C Cryptor and is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We're proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users: https://community.cryptomator.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
- Fixed some technical texts in our translations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For me great, simple, and secure app.
Great app with fingerprint scanner for easy access. As others mentioned, photos previews is not easy though. However, I still recommend this app for security.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! You should already be able to use Touch ID. Go to the settings inside Cryptomator (gear icon at the top right) and select Touch ID in order to activate it.
Great companion app for desktop version
Initially appears expensive compared to free boxcryptor but personal version of boxcryptor is so limited - just 2 devices and 1 location and that location is your entire cloud file system which you probably don't need to have fully encrypted. But it is a pain to have to decide on a file by file basis whether to encrypt and you can easily make mistakes and end up with unencrypted files. Desktop version of cryptomator has unlimited devices and locations, which don't have to be cloud storage and you can target individual directories. Furthermore it is free -actually 'pay what you can' which is a excellent model for giving access to great software and allowing the user to decide what it is worth.
Priceless little app which does critical things ... like keeping digital life safe, secure and encrypted!!
So easy to use and it just works!!
- Skymatic GmbH
- 87.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 cryptomator.org
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.