Decibel X:dB Sound Level Meter 4+
Frequency Spectrum Analyzer
SkyPaw Co. Ltd
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
This app turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, detects halmful environmental noises, and helps protect your hearing and health.
"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Health App integration: export noise levels directly into Health app
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- Powerful calibration: Linear, Octave 1/1, 1/3, Load/save profile
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support Live Activity, Dynamic Island
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design. Themes: LIGHT, DARK and CLASSIC
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds), FAST (200 milliseconds) AND IMPULSE (50 milliseconds)
- MIC Gain Offset from -50 dB to 50 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
* EULA: http://www.skypaw.com/decibelx/terms.html
Thanks for using Decibel X! Here's what's new for the version 9.6.2:
∿ Fix an issue where saved logs synced from iCloud might not show histograph
∿ Change edit mode of saved data for better manipulation
∿ Vastly improve many UI elements
∿ Upgrade library components
∿ Several other minor improvements & fixes
What to expect in upcoming versions:
∿ Set notification alarm when exceeded a preset threshold
∿ Support external or bluetooth mics
∿ Hearing test
Ratings and Reviews
Not impressed with Pro version
Good app, does what it is designed to do.
Upgraded to Pro, still get ads. Not impressed, don’t get sucked into the upgrade.
Reports not useful
I bought the Pro thinking it would offer quality reports. Can only print up parts of graph. Why ask for a title if it doesn’t print it.
The graph prints two pages where the graph on page 2 is not related where page 1 started.
I wouldn’t recommend this product until these issues are fixed.
I paid for the app to remove ads and now they want me to subscribe too to remove ads!!!
Totally dishonest developer...
I want my money back...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 61.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership $6.49
- Annual Membership $59.99
- Weekly Membership $2.79
- ITU-R 468, A, B, C Weightings $2.99
- Data Export $3.99