No ads, no hidden costs, thousands of possible games, and every one a unique challenge!
Note: This version of Deduce supports iOS 13, but requires at least iOS 10.3 or later.
Deduce is a fun way to learn and visualize the process of logical deduction for players of all ages. It's a uniquely challenging brain game requiring clear thinking (and a small element of luck) played with six-letter words. Deduce a mystery word by exercising both your vocabulary/spelling skills and your ability to make logical inferences. The goal is to discover the mystery word with as few guesses as possible. Deduce acts as an assistant who enforces the rules, provides hints, keeps track of your progress, sets up match games, and awards achievements. No ads, no in-app purchases, just pure fun!
Reviewers have said:
"One of my favorite games", "Other games get installed-played-uninstalled, but this one stays", "Challenging and addictive", "Very original and lots of fun", "I'm completely hooked", "Hope I can stop playing it soon!"
1. Game Center integration. Statistical results, scores, and saved games are associated with the active Game Center player. If you are not logged into Game Center, you may supply your own player name for separate game tracking, or play anonymously. If you use Game Center, scores are reported to Classic, Novice, Match, and Puzzle leaderboards. A Champions leaderboard ranks the overall quality of your play over time. Achievements may be earned based on the quality and persistence of your game play. As you earn Deduce achievements discover 50 19th century literary giants of the western world, who were also masters with words. A portrait medallion is awarded for each achievement -- collect them all!
2. Online Matches will return in a future update. You may play a Deduce match race with an opponent, or challenge a friend by selecting his or her mystery word yourself. If you are not racing to deduce the same word, watch your opponent's game as it's played. Text chat during or after the match. Until this feature returns, you can challenge your friends by sharing a Deduce game number via Airdrop, email, or iMessage.
3. Mystery Word definitions. When you finish a game of Deduce, a definition of the mystery word is provided. Increase your vocabulary as you play more games.
4. Game records. Keep or mail beautifully formatted PDFs of your games or matches to yourself or others, or print your games using AirPrint.
5. Global settings. Use the Settings App to specify global options for Deduce, such as autosave (which automatically saves a limited or unlimited number of your completed games).
6. Easy sharing with friends or other devices. Find a particular game really challenging? Send it or airdrop it to nearby friends.
7. Improved user experience, improved marking and unmarking, and simpler game play. Use letter dials or a keyboard to enter your guesses. On an iPhone or iPod touch, pinch/spread the guess list to enlarge it for easier manipulation. On any device, swipe across the guess list to eliminate or restore guesses with no hits. Reorder your guesses at any time. Having trouble thinking of words? Use the Suggest button! Need advice about your game play? Tap on Sherlock for tips and encouragement.
8. Select your favorite photo as a backdrop for playing Deduce, or use one of our two built-in backdrops.
Deduce 3.8—Now with Support for New iPad Pro’s & iPhone SE (Gen 2)!
Deduce 3.8 requires iOS 10.3 or later. It features the following improvements:
•Support for iOS 13
•User interface improvements targeting iPads plus iPhone X and later models
•Improved menus for iPadOS portrait orientation
•New “Smart Keyboard Cursor” - more intuitive staging area cursor movement
•Faster, smoother startup
•Better sharing support
•Two built-in game backgrounds
•An easier to use Novice mode, where the Suggest button may be used freely with no penalty to your score.
•New sorting features for arranging guesses and managing long lists of saved games
•Fixed some ambiguities in "Play a Specific Game" to correct a bug and simplify the input panel
•Many other subtle bug fixes
Some of you will be pleased to know that many older Apple devices are still supported including iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad Mini 2, iPod Touch (5th Gen), etc.
A temporary restriction on the multiplayer feature is still in effect, but you can use the “Play a Specific Game” capability to manually challenge (or accept a challenge from) your friends in the meantime.
Deduce 1.0 was introduced on Jan 22, 2010.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Obviously Genuine
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Obviously Genuine. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.