The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is the world’s first mobile CGM system that lets you make treatment decisions without confirmatory fingersticks.*
Use this app if you have the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System.
The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System provides real-time glucose readings for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes every five minutes. With Dexcom G5 Mobile, dynamic glucose data can be accessed and shared safely and conveniently anywhere, anytime to your smart device.
* If your glucose alerts and readings do not match your symptoms or expectations or you are taking medications containing paracetamol/acetaminophen, you should perform a fingerstick to confirm your blood glucose level. A fingerstick is needed every 12 hours to calibrate.
The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System provides personalized trend alerts right on your smart device and lets you see when your glucose levels are going too low, or too high, so you can better manage your diabetes. You will receive certain Dexcom system alerts and the Urgent Low Alarm even if your phone sound is off, set to vibrate, or in Do Not Disturb mode. This will allow you to silence calls or texts but still receive CGM alerts. Alerts that you will continue to receive, even if your smart device is silenced, include: Urgent Low Alarm; Low and High Glucose alert; Rise and Fall Rate alerts; and certain critical system alerts. Custom alert sounds are available, including a Vibrate-Only option on the phone for glucose alerts other than the Urgent Low Alarm.
In addition to the exceptional performance provided by the Dexcom G5 Mobile sensor, you’ll receive other valuable features:
• Intuitive and user-friendly interface
• Dexcom SHARE® remote monitoring is built into the G5 app, allowing you to share your glucose data with up to five followers, who can remotely monitor your glucose data and trends on their compatible smart device with the Dexcom Follow app. Share and Follow functions require an internet connection.
• Today view widget, which allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
View your glucose information, trend graph, and alerts and alarms right from your wrist with the Dexcom G5 Mobile Apple Watch app:
• Use the digital crown to scroll through 1, 3, or 6 hours of glucose trend data
• Dexcom G5 Mobile complications allow you to view your glucose number and arrow from your watch face. Choose from four available complications to customize your watch face.
• Add the Dexcom G5 Mobile app to the Dock and enable background refresh for best performance
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Needs support for infograph and infograph modular watch faces
Do you plan to update the watch integration to support apples watch series 4 infograph and infograph modular watch faces? Currently they do not work.
Glad we finally got the watch and widget update. My only complaint now is the option to turn off the never ending notifications. I get it. I'm low. It's going to take 20 minutes to level out I don't need a notification every 3 minutes. Would like a bit more control there.
Love the app, but miss having 'silent' as an option
Love the new widget, backfilling of data, and Apple Watch compatibility, but wish it was still an option to have 'silent' mean 'silent' on my phone. In order to not have my phone going off at work, I need to go into notifications and turn sound off completely, which is a hassle. If that could be addressed this app would be a 5/5!
Please fix this, Dexcom!!!
- DexCom, Inc.
- 81.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Dexcom, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.