DoubleTake by FiLMiC transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices*
*NOTE: Per iOS 13 capabilities, multi-cam video is restricted to the following devices only: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs and Xr. While this app will install and function on all devices supported by iOS 13, all devices outside of this list will be restricted to recording video from on a single camera.
DoubleTake gives you an early look at the multi-cam capability that will be coming to our award-winning cinema camera app FiLMiC Pro.
Use DoubleTake to record video in new ways:
- Camera Visualization: Better than a director’s viewfinder! Use DoubleTake’s camera picker view to visualize all available cameras for your device. Use this view to help decide how to frame your shot and which cameras you will select.
- Shot/Reverse shot: To capture all the organic and intimate interaction between two actors or interviewer and interviewee. Traditionally, filmmakers would need to employ two cameras and place these in cumbersome ‘over the shoulder’ locations. With DoubleTake you can place one device in between your actors and place the audience right in the middle of the conversation.
- Multi-cam: Capture two different focal lengths of the same subject at the same time. Use DoubleTake with the Ultra Wide lens (iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro and 11 only) and the Tele to capture both an establishing shot and a punch-in on your subject simultaneously. Or use any other combination of front and rear lenses for unrivaled multi-cam capture.
- PiP or Discreet: The DoubleTake interface allows you to see both cameras of your video capture at the same time through the use of a Picture in Picture (PiP) window. You can move this PiP around the screen, tap to zoom in, or swipe it away if it’s distracting (the second video will continue to record). With DoubleTake you can decide if you want to record your videos as separate discrete files or if you want the video recorded as a composite video that includes the PiP window animated as you see it on the screen.
- Split-screen: Doubletake also allows you to use any two cameras to create a 50/50 split-screen effect that is saved as a single video. This is great for capturing engaging interviews, or any scenario where two sides of the story need equal weighting on screen.
- Focus & Exposure Controls: DoubleTake allows you to set and lock your focus and exposure on both cameras during multi-cam capture with our unified reticle. Just tap anywhere to set an area of interest with the reticle, then tap again to lock or unlock. Our easy to use camera switcher lets you effortlessly move between your A and B cams during a recording to adjust the focus and exposure for each independently of one another.
- Full frame focus and exposure for smooth and easy automated focus and exposure adjustments.
- Selectable broadcast frame rates: 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps depending on your project requirements.
- 1080p video at high bitrate encoding for maximum quality. (note: 1080p video is the maximum resolution supported by the Apple API for multi-cam capture).
- Composited PiP or separate discreet video files recorded as .h264 .mov files are saved to DoubleTake’s internal library which supports batch export to the Camera Roll.
v1.0.2 of DoubleTake includes the following performance optimizations:
- Improved closing of recordings when backgrounding the app.
- Further performance enhancements to the DoubleTake library.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works perfectly on 11 Pro Max
The app works perfectly on 11 Pro Max, does exactly what you expect it to. The only downfall is that the max resolution you can film in is 1080p @ 30FPS. I was hoping for 4K @ 60FPS, or at the very least 1080p @ 60FPS. Disappointed with current max resolution availability, fingers crossed future updates can improve on this. That’s the only thing missing to give it a full 5 star review!
Developer Response ,
Hi UNDER8ED. At present the multicam API only supports 1080p. Thanks for your review.
I have been waiting for this app for a very long time already ever since it was announced and I am very happy that you guys are finally releasing it I was just really hoping it would be in 4K 60 frames a second because I really want to use it to Vlog with on the gimbal
Works with gen 3 iPad Pro!
I just tested and this allows simultaneous recording of rear camera and selfie on a 3rd generation iPad Pro. Pretty cool.
Seems like a very complete multi-cam recording solution, but all happens on a single device. Could be very useful for vloggers.
And thank you Filmic for making this a free app. I’ll have a look at your other apps. The UI so well made that I need to check what else you have.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 12 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 FiLMiC Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.