The new Version 3 of dreamSTATE's multimedia iAlbum of ever-changing ambient music and urban ambient art can now be used by both Listeners and iMusicians:
(1) For Listeners - A new infinite music arrangement is created for a unique sonic experience every time Ephemeral City is played.
Lose yourself in the endless drift of the ephemeral ambience, while walking through your own city, while reading, working, creating, thinking, relaxing or sleeping. This iAlbum can also play in the background while you read your e-mail or e-books or browse the net on the same iDevice.
While Ephemeral City weaves a fresh musical arrangement for you every time, you can adjust the density of the mix from a rarefied atmosphere to a full-on flow or from the dark to the light. Set the Timer to define the length of the album. Adjust the speed of the visual transitions to reveal new fusion imagery.
(2) For iMusicians - Open Ephemeral City as an Inter-App Audio (IAA) Generator/Instrument in your favourite "host" applications (like Audiobus, Aum or apeMatrix) and process the infinitely evolving Ephemeral soundstream through your Effects apps to transform the audio into creative variations, for your own pleasure or for professional purposes.
Improvise or compose with the endless soundflow. Treat Ephemeral City as the ultimate textural drone oscillator. If you record your creations, dreamSTATE permit you to release your transformations under the most open creative commons attribution 4.0 license.
(Art) Place your iPhone or iPad in your speaker dock to display the evolving visual art of Scott M2's surreal cityscapes. Employ the mute button for a pure art experience or turn off your screen for a pure musical experience.
Trailblazing Canadian soundscape artists dreamSTATE (Scott M2 and Jamie Todd) created their first evolving ambient installation in 1996. Now, with the help of ReFla5h the Apptician, they've created an infinite multimedia ambient installation for your iPhone, iTouch or iPad (with iOS 8.0 or higher).
Welcome to a new paradigm for albums - experience Ephemeral City now.
- A Tour Guide page walks you through the controls - or just let the iAlbum play.
- The Control Panel gives you the option of adjusting the music mix and the speed of the visuals.
- An optional Timer can turn off the music after 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Your Mix, Visuals and Timer settings are remembered between visits.
- A speaker icon mutes or restores the sound without adjusting volume buttons.
- The ambient art continues to evolve when the sound is muted.
- You can turn off the screen for long battery life during extended deep listening sessions.
- Airplay Mirroring can be employed to stream Ephemeral City music through your Apple TV.
- An Info section contains bios for the creators and links to more dreamSTATE music.
- Plays on any iPhone, iTouch or iPad with iOS 8.0 or higher.
- Works as an Inter-App Audio (IAA) Generator/Instrument within most audio "host" applications.
- Permission is granted by dreamSTATE for users to release their transformations and creations, even commercially, with appropriate attribution to dreamSTATE under a creative commons attribution 4.0 license.
- Headphones or quality speakers are recommended for the deepest immersive experience.
- "Help" contact address provided to report any problems so Refla5h can help address them. firstname.lastname@example.org
Information pages (like the Guide and Help), which are accessed through the internet, have been updated to the new web-host.
The launch page has been updated to follow the Apple storyboard approach.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most intelligent app
I have been a big fan of dreamSTATE since their album 'Between Realities' in the mid 90's. I was a teenager then and that album opened up the world of creativity to me. I still play it to this very day and it sounds fitting for the time even now. Then this app came along and I must say this is the most intellectual and stimulating app to come about. I play it on 2 systems in my home, on one I play a darker spectrum and the other sound system a light spectrum. 3D sound evolves and surrounds you constantly and is perfect for whatever mood your in. This is a deeply intelligent musical exploration app that will always be different each time you turn it on. I highly recommend this app to everyone.
Ephemeral City is on in my studio at all times. It makes me feel good to enter a room occupied by beautiful sound. I am taken by the sheer beauty of this release, both sonically and visually.
dreamSTATE = blissful happiness
dreamSTATE have been and always will be the pinnacle of perfection when it comes to ambient music. Not only are they major influences on me musically but they are shining examples of what it means to be promoters of independent artists. Now they have gone the extra mile and presented us with an iOS app of some of the most sublimely meditative music one could ever ask for evenly matched with intoxicating visuals to stimulate your imagination. This is a must have app to fulfill all your decompressing needs.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.