****** #1 Finance app on Apple's top charts for 6 weeks *****
This app gives you a snapshot of the US economy by providing the latest key economic indicators and tracking the history of these indicators across the past few months, years and decades. The app includes around 45,000 economic indicators. The primary focus is on US economic indicators (including detailed data on all 50 states and major metro areas). It also includes some economic indicators for more than a 100 other countries (e.g. UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, China, Mexico, Estonia, Kenya, Nepal, Brazil etc.)
#1 ranked app on Apple's charts for the Finance category for 6 weeks in Nov/Dec 2010. No SALE gimmicks, never offered at the low price tiers, just a top-quality app.
1. Latest values of key (curated) US economic indicators (GDP, Employment, Housing, Manufacturing, Inflation, Trade Deficit, weekly updates of Canadian,Mexican currency exchange rates , M2 Money stock, etc.) published by the US Federal Reserve.
2. Graphs to track economic indicators across many different time ranges (e.g. 1 year, 3 years, ...,40 years etc.)
3. Graphs that track the values of economic indicators across Democratic and Republican presidencies and across Recession periods over the past several decades.
4. Around 45,000 economic indicators (mostly for the US - including US data, data for individual US states and individual US metropolitan , also for more than a 100 other countries)
5. A powerful search engine that makes it easy to use partial (or full) keywords to search through the 45,000 economic indicators provided by the app.
6. All indicators automatically updated soon after the govt numbers are published. (Most indicators updated monthly, others quarterly, annually, daily, weekly etc)
7. Help/Descriptions for many economic indicators.
8. Twitter support with the #cEconomy hashtag.
9. Data-value transformations (graphs can be charted on interesting y-axis transformations (e.g. continuously compounded annual rate of change, natural log, change from previous year etc.)
10. The app requires internet connectivity, but previously downloaded/viewed (saved) data can be viewed in offline mode without an internet connection.
Download this app to see why it was the #1 ranked Finance app on Apple's paid-app top charts for several weeks in 2010. Our Economy app was also featured on the cover page of Wiley Publishing's book on Incredible iPhone apps.
Please email us through the app or contact us through our blog or website (http://CascadeSoft.net) for questions, comments or suggestions.
This version updates the app for iOS 10.
The Economy app was originally written for iOS 2 (iPhone) and then for the first iPad in 2010 and subsequently updated with new features and also updated for later iOS versions.
This free update has been tested with a wide range of iPads running different iOS versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great access to tonnes of data. Not always sold on its currency and so relevance. But it does provide links to official sites if you look through the reports. All in all a decent start point.
All the info you need on the economy
I love seeing the difference between presidents.
Obama inherited a absolute mess from bush....check it out. Obama had to spend trillions to bail out the economy but if me hadn't the US of A would have gone bankrupted.
I like the graphic.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.