Maximize your return on investment. Minimize time spent searching for answers.
Make smarter, faster business decisions with better data using the Nutrien eKonomics ROI calculator app. We’ve put farming’s most accurate, up-to-date information and research tools in one place — for free.
Access the four eKonomics calculators in the field or on the go so you can maximize your return on investment and minimize your time searching for answers.
Nutrient ROI Calculator:
Our Nutrient Return On Investment (ROI) calculator is the industry’s first ROI calculator to cover major crops across most of North America. The ROI calculator is based upon published university phosphorus and potassium crop response models, and incorporates spatial variation when calculating economic return, giving you a more accurate reflection of an expected nutrient response in production-sized agriculture. As a result, you can make accurate nutrient application plans, maximize the benefits of crop inputs and increase their profitability.
Growing Degree Days Calculator:
The Growing Degree Days (GDD) Calculator is a powerful tool built to help you determine plant and pest development rates based on their geographical location. The weather-based GDD calculation is used to measure heat accumulation (above a specific threshold) and help predict a variety of things including the approximate date the crop will reach maturity.
Different crops require different exposure amounts of GDDs or heat units to complete their lifecycle. For some crops, like corn and soybeans, you can use GDDs to determine where a crop is in its development cycle.
In addition, GDDs can help you:
• Assess the suitability of a region for production of a particular crop
• Estimate the growth stages of crops, weeds or even life stages of insects
• Predict maturity and cutting dates of forage crops
• Predict the best time to apply fertilizers or pesticides
• Estimate the heat stress on crops
• Plan the spacing of planting dates to produce separate harvest dates
Nutrient Removal Calculator:
As crops are harvested, the soil can be depleted of vital nutrients. Our Nutrient Removal Calculator will help you determine the amount of nutrients that need to be replaced in your soil.
The calculator estimates crop nutrient removal of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) for a broad list of field crops. Results are calculated based on selected yield goals and can be displayed in either metric or imperial units. You can also calculate economic impact by adding cost to your NPK application amounts. The results will include price per acre with your nutrient uptake estimate. The economic cost estimate will help budget for nutrient application and is calculated in U.S. Dollars.
The Rainfall Tracker tool tracks current and historical precipitation, as well as evapotranspiration at the field level. This allows you to predict when rain will begin and end in a specific location based on historical data.
The Rainfall Tracker can help you:
• Keep crops well watered
• Identify weather patterns and trends in your field
• Know the best time for planting
• Identify potential conditions for flooding and nutrient loss
• Track rainfall data
- Small changes across app
- Adjustments to Nutrient Removal calculator units on some crops (Grain, Lettuce, Potato, Sunflower, Tobacco, Tomato)
- Bug fixes to Nutrient Removal calculator units on some crops (Oats, Oil Palm, Sweet Pepper, Sweet Potatoes, Dry Beans)
- Peanut uptake metrics
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AdFarm USA Inc
- 96.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Nutrien Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.