Eponyms brings a short description of about 1800 common and obscure medical eponyms (e.g., Rovsing's sign, Virchow's node) to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A perfect tool to quickly look up the meaning of any eponym.
It uses the beautiful eponym database from Andrew J. Yee (http://www.eponyms.net/).
• About 1800 eponyms
• Full text search
• Browse by any of the 26 categories
• Star eponyms to keep track of the eponyms you tend to forget or with which you want to test your students on
• List of recently accessed eponyms
• Quick and easy learn mode
## Learn Mode
The learn mode allows you to:
• swipe to the left to show a random eponym but not its title
• swipe to the right to show a random eponym title but not its text
• pull down to reveal the hidden info
Learn mode displays eponyms from the category you're currently visiting. This means you can either learn eponyms from a given category, only the ones that you've starred or simply all of them.
Look out for the free student version of Eponyms: it's identical to to this version but free for educational purposes!
• Now in shiny 64-bit and able to accommodate all device screen sizes
• Added a handful of eponyms
Ratings and Reviews
Very interesting, practical, and easier now with the new version.
- Ossus GmbH
- 19.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Pascal Pfiffner and Andrew Yee
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.