Embark on the adventure of a lifetime with FarOut, the most reliable navigational guide app for long-distance exploration. With over 200 hiking, biking, whitewater rafting and paddling navigational guides around the world, FarOut has everything you need to blaze your owns trail.
Whether you're scaling the highest peaks or exploring the wildest rivers, FarOut provides you with trusted, official trail data even when you're offline, so you can explore with confidence. And with our Check-in feature, you can keep your loved ones in the loop by letting them know exactly where you are and that you're safe.
Subscribe to FarOut Unlimited and get access to all of our navigational guides, which covers over 50,000 miles. Our monthly, annual, and 6-month Season Pass plans give you the ultimate flexibility to explore the world on your terms. Or if you prefer to own a single guide forever, you can make a lifetime purchase. With FarOut, the choice is yours.
Join the hundreds of thousands of adventure enthusiasts who have already experienced the benefits of FarOut. Whether you're hiking, biking, whitewater rafting or paddling your way around the world, FarOut is your ultimate guide to unforgettable experiences. Download FarOut today and start your next adventure!
1. Extensive coverage: FarOut includes guides in popular long-distance hiking, biking, rafting, and paddling routes worldwide, including the United States, Australia, Canada, the UK, Europe, New Zealand, the Middle East, South America, and Central America.
2. Trusted, official trail data: FarOut partners with dozens of trail organizations, book authors, and publishers to provide official, up-to-date trail data that you can rely on.
3. Check-in feature: FarOut's Check-in feature allows you to let your friends and family know exactly where you are, providing peace of mind for both you and your loved ones.
4. Comprehensive waypoint information: FarOut provides everything you need to know on the ground, such as junctions, water sources, road crossings, portages, launch sites, trailheads, town guides, and much more.
5. Flexible purchasing options: You can subscribe to FarOut Unlimited and get access to all navigational guides, or you can purchase a single guide as a lifetime purchase. The choice is yours.
12.2: Introducing community-driven weekly water reports! Get glanceable, near real-time insights on water sources directly from community comments. Don't forget to leave your own comments to keep the insights fresh and to pay it forward for the next adventurer!
- Guides with large elevation profiles causing freezes when initially downloading
- Improvements to memory management and performance
- Photos, comments, and trackfiles updates not downloading correctly on first open
- Syncing issue causing tracks, waypoints, comments, and photos to not download initially
- Issue causing File Manager to not update tracks & waypoints correctly
- Minor UI bug for water reports on smaller screens
- Share sheet Dropbox integration
- Social tab header disappearing
- Score attribute on water waypoints
- Disappearing map tiles and track layers when switching off/on cellular connection
- Improved data syncing for faster load times
Ratings and Reviews
Maps in Asia!
I used the app for the Camino del norte in Spain and was overall great. I am currently in India and realized there were no maps in Asia. It would be such a great update!
Torres del Paine map expensive
I recently did TDP O circuit. I bought the FarOut guide, but I felt it was expensive for what it provided, and not necessary. Water is available everywhere, and the trail is well marked.
Bad for Colorado trail
Wouldn’t recommend for colorado trail. App was always putting wrong miles and distances making it very confusing. Doesn’t list campsites so people start pooling where the comments are written. Incorrect elevation in relation to the map.
I would just research the few “water carry” sections and walk blindly next time. There’s many water sources and then just go how far you feel because this wasn’t much help.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Atlas Guides DE, Inc.
- 180.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Atlas Guides, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Great Divide Trail Canada $24.99
- Pacific Crest Trail by Guthook $49.99
- Appalachian Trail $99.99
- Arizona Trail $24.99
- Vermont's Long Trail $19.99
- Monthly Unlimited $19.00
- Continental Divide Trail Guide $69.99
- Colorado Trail Hiker $34.99
- John Muir Trail by Guthook $34.99
- Te Araroa: Hike New Zealand! $29.99