FastScripts is a powerful tool for running time-saving scripts on your Mac, designed for seamless integration with the apps you use on a daily basis.
FastScripts focuses on running your AppleScript and shell scripts as quickly as possible, without taking you out of the context you are working in.
Define custom keyboard shortcuts for any of your scripts, in a global or application-sensitive context.
FastScripts is an essential tool for Mac scripters!
This update includes performance enhancements for Apple Silicon based Macs.
Version 2.8.2 included the following changes:
- Add a "Restore Default" button to Preferences for the custom menu icon color
- Update the color well in Preferences to accurately reflect the default color as it will render in the menu bar
- Fix visual glitches when running on a future version of macOS
Version 2.8.1 included the following changes:
• The keyboard shortcut for opening the FastScripts menu can now be set to "None" (press the delete key while editing)
• Fix a bug that allowed the Preferences window to be resized too small to show the contents
• Fix an issue that could impede scripts being run in quick succession with keyboard shortcuts
• Fix an issue where the color chooser panel could be lost in the background if switching out of FastScripts while the Prefrences window is active
• FastScript's AppleScript interface now supports a "location" property on script library references, so you can obtain the file path to any node in its script hierarchy
Version 2.8 previously contained the following changes:
• Custom folder icons are now respected by the FastScripts menu
• FastScripts can now be quit by cmd-dragging the icon out of the menu bar
• Revealing a folder from FastScripts now respects the user setting for default folder opener
• Removed FastScripts' custom AppleScript text suite in favor of using the standard system suite, to fix some string coercion problems when running scripts
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
simple, reliable, indispensable
I have been invoking scripts via FastScripts dozens to hundreds of times per day, every day, for many years… and I can’t remember it ever having any problem, ever, except for waaaay back at the beginning when I an odd configuration issue, something few users will encounter. The developer immediately responded to an inquiry about that, solved it for me, and I’ve been using it ever since without a hitch.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Red Sweater Software
- 6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Red Sweater Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.