The Fork That app lets you swipe through photos of the best restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries and all the food and drink around you (anywhere in the world!) – from fine dining foie gras to late-night pizza and poutine.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Fork That's restaurant pictures appear according to your location. (You’ll need to allow the phone to access your location to do this.)
2. Swipe right to “match” with a restaurant and save it to your Favourites list.
3. Swipe left to view the next listing.
4. Click on a photo for more details including reviews, a map, address and delivery options (delivery available in Montreal only – a Foodora button appears when available). Swipe the photo from within this view to view more photos from the restaurant.
5. Go full-screen by clicking on any of the photos from this view – all the better to see the caviar on those oysters or glistening garlic in the secret sauce on that shawarma!
1. Fun Fork That categories and Custom Search Option
If you’re not finding the food you want, click on the categories menu in the top right of the screen and select anything from French restaurants to sushi to bakeries to brewpubs. The listings will appear according to what’s closest to you. To change what you’re searching for, head back to the categories page and reset the search or add new filters and hone in on what you’re craving.
2. The Best Food for Everyone
Fork That doesn’t discriminate; we love everything from fancy restaurants to back alley dives. That way you can always find whatever kind of food you want.
3. It’s Easy to Use
Just log in and start swiping.
4. Fork That Works Everywhere
Fork That is available in 32 countries. If there’s a third-wave coffee shop in Singapore, New Zealand or Poland, we’ve got it.
WHERE'D THE IDEA COME FROM?
While there are lots of restaurant mobile apps out there, Montreal-based food writer and founder Amie Watson saw a need for a more innovative one that made it fun and easy to search for what hungry diners wanted by swiping from restaurant to restaurant, gamifying the hunt for the best restaurants. She found that people were just as frustrated as her with other restaurant search apps that didn’t work well, weren’t very user friendly, didn’t have enough listings or didn’t provide a review that they could trust. To solve this problem, she took her journalism degree and more than a decade of experience in radio, television, newspapers, blogs and magazines and designed a mobile app that made it fun to search for what hungry diners wanted. She also wrote more than 1,500 original reviews of listings in Montreal alone.
It took a while…
…but her quirky writing style and experience, combined with the app’s swiping interface, makes Fork That a necessary app for foodies (and anyone who likes food!). She’s constantly adding more reviews, trashing all the unsustainable sushi, poor service and nightmare meals she encounters along the way.
We eat three times a day – with Fork That, you can make sure every time is awesome!
-We fixed the location settings, so you don't have to give your location to use the app, AND you can now search in other areas from where you live. Hurray! Planning any trips?
Ratings and Reviews
Ease of use
Just like tinder but with restaurants. Great UX, simple, clean. Nice mix of yelp and local reviews. It's a handy tool to avoid the been there ate that.
Wish I could filter restaurants with a rating system
I have this app, haven’t use it often so far. I wish I could filter or search restaurants with a rating system, like shoe me restaurants with a minimum of say 2 stars, to eliminate all the burger and pizza places this app constantly shows me ...
Fun new restaurant app
Was in a part of the city I wasn't familiar with and used this app to quickly find a great place to eat nearby. Also it gives me something to swipe now that I'm out of the dating game
- Eat Montreal Inc.
- 50 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Eat Montreal Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.