FiLMiC Firstlight is a revolutionary photo camera from the makers of the class leading FiLMiC Pro cinema video camera that makes live photography fun and creative.
-- -- -- -- -- --
Rediscover the joy of capturing life’s moments in photographs you will immediately treasure and want to share.
Firstlight combines custom film simulations, adaptive film grain and FiLMiC Pro’s famous live analytics to offer an advanced but approachable front end camera experience like no other.
Fast, easy and intuitive, Firstlight lets you envision and capture your best moments in camera, without having to spend hours editing your photos later. Shoot and share, it’s that easy.
-- -- -- -- -- --
ADVANCED IMAGE CONTROLS
- Fast, intuitive focus and exposure controls: Tap the screen to set focus/exposure, tap again to lock.
- Shutter and ISO Priority Modes: In addition to auto exposure, you can set specific Shutter Speed or ISO values to adhere to and let the app automatically adjust exposure for the unlocked value.
- Cross-swipe manual controls: The most intuitive way to manually adjust focus and exposure. Swipe across the image to dial in your perfect shot. Swipe up and down to adjust exposure. Swipe left and right to adjust focus.
- Reactive analytics: A foundation feature of FiLMiC Pro and now in a photo app. Manually adjusting your focus and exposure will automatically apply focus peaking or zebra stripes to make sure you get your shot just right.
- RGB Histogram: Dynamically shows the exposure profile of the image across all color channels.
GET THE LOOK YOU WANT
- Vintage film simulations: The magic of Firstlight is in our realistic tributes to authentic film stocks.
- Film grain: Apply natural-looking, dynamically-generated film grain effects to give your photos that ‘film look’.
- Vignette: Apply a subtle dark vignette to your image.
- Lens selector: Quickly switch between all available lenses on your device. Go from tele to ultrawide with the tap of a finger. (Note: camera/lens support is device specific).
PROFESSIONAL CAMERA TOOLS
- Burst mode
- Grid overlays
- Aspect ratios: 4:3, 16:9, 3:2, 1:1, 5:4
- Expanded shadow detail
- DNG, TIFF, JPG or HEIC Selection
- HDR control (This feature is supported by iPhone Xs Max, Xs, Xr and newer)
- Volume button shutter and support for most bluetooth camera shutter remotes
- Configurable burst mode
- Anamorphic adapter support
- Custom Function button
- Custom live analytics
- Configurable Focus and Exposure controls
- Embedded copyright
- FiLMiC Pro quick launch button (for owners of FiLMiC Pro)
If you have any questions for the FiLMiC team either before or after you purchase Firstlight or one of our other apps please feel free to reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A big change for FiLMiC Firstlight, no more subscriptions! Now you can unlock the power of Firstlight with a one-time purchase.
- We have listened to our customers and feel that a single purchase for all that Firstlight has to offer is the right move at this time.
- We appreciate all of the early support and all previous subscribers now own the full app outright.
If you have any questions on how to get the most out of Firstlight or any suggestions please contact our support team at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Subscription? No. Will wait for it to be worth it.
I think I’m time this could be a really great app like filmic pro for video.
At first look the interface is similar to filmic pro...
Right off the bat, accessing anything advanced requires a subscription. The greatest thing about the App Store was that you could pay a one time fee to unlock certain features for apps.
I completely understand to sustain any business that there needs to be a steady revenues stream long term. I do believe there are other ways to do that other than the subscription model. I can also appreciate the fact that your subscription model is pretty inexpensive.
As a user speaking to the manufacturer, I’m not subscribing. Where’s the value? Where is the roadmap outlining what I’m going to get over and above the “advanced” features? You’re basically looking for a way to sustain your business because you did a great thing by charging the one time fee with filmic.
If you want to sustain your revenue stream, integrate a adding LUTs, find a way for photographers to load in their own LUTs, get creative.
Subscription no thanks... there are other apps that do infinitely more that are a one time charge.
No more subscriptions!! Purchased!!
Thank you soooo much for listening!!! Love everything you’ve been doing and I’m happy to support.
Great app! As always!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review B Rygal. Any questions or ideas on how we can improve the app, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 👍
Not something I am going to pay for
Not sure why this app is not one time pay and that’s it.
The App Store is full of other great apps you can pay for one time and that’s it.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 37.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 FiLMiC Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.