Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing based on audio waveforms and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions that open within the Final Cut Pro interface
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Modern Metal engine uses all the GPUs in your Mac to accelerate graphics tasks including rendering, compositing, real-time effects playback, exporting, and more
• 64-bit architecture takes advantage of the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC from DSLRs, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an extensive ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair audio problems such as hum, excessive background noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, grade, and deliver video in standard color spaces and standard dynamic range (SDR), or in wide color HDR with support for Rec. 2020 HLG and PQ
• Improve the look of any clip with one-click Balance Color
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Use themed menus to author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS Mojave. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics or better recommended.
• Prevents an issue that could lead to visual artifacts appearing onscreen for systems with Nvidia graphic cards that have the Reduce Transparency accessibility preference enabled
• Fixes an issue that prevented media from appearing in the Photos library browser when using Final Cut Pro on macOS Catalina
• Fixes an issue in which Final Cut Pro would sometimes load an incorrect project into the timeline
• Resolves an issue in which thumbnails would not update when skimming titles, generators, and transitions in the Browser
• Improves stability when sharing
• Improves stability when skimming media in the Browser
• Improves reliability when working with Sony XAVC media
• Improves reliability when importing and exporting CEA 608 captions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great and user-friendly !
I’ve been a long-time user of iMovie and I loved it.
When the version 10 was created, I didn’t like it that much.
So, I thought of moving to : “ Final Cut Pro “ for about a year.
Then, I saw all the new features of : “ Final Cut Pro X “ and I finally decided to buy it.
Now, I have Version 10.2.1 and it is extraordinary.
I’ve been studying it for 2 months, since I bought it, and I’m barely scratching the surface.
I would say that it seems to me that it is 100 times more powerful and more precise than iMovie !
I just love it… keep up the good work Apple !
Video example = Le Café des trois colombes ( Pierre Major )( Pianiste-Chanteur )
The new version 10.2.2 has improved greatly again.
I love more and more the fact that you can color independently, and so well, each clip that are part of your Project.
Yesterday, January 24th 2016, I discovered some more power about the : “ Audio effects “ and on how to select them for your clips.
They sound incredible and there are also some effects taken from : “ Logic Pro X “ that are available, in the : “ Browser “.
It is just fantastic, everyday there is something to discover… so much power !
Now, with 10.2.3, it is more powerful than ever with my Mac Pro with 32 gigs of Ram.
Too bad, that when we have different sizes of fonts, in a phrase, that we can’t select the : “ Whole phrase “ to change the font or the size.
We have to do it : “ One size section " at a time.
Usually, in Pages, you will select any paragraphs, with any size… and change the whole thing at the same time.
What I also would love, with the new version, is more parameters to adjust the : “ Audio effects “ on a track.
Right now, the : “ Audio effects “ have pretty basic parameters that barely do the job.
Well, now with the new version 10.3.2, they have updated and improve the : “ Audio effects “ with a lot of parameters.
It is quite amazing the sound mixing that we can do now !
Check out my new video : “ Pierre Major 2017 ” on YouTube.
The effects are quite impressive !
The new version 10.3.3 is much more stable and the text editing has greatly improved.
The effects look more beautiful and are easier than ever to use.
You guys are incredible… it’s hard to follow all the new innovations, but I try… keep up the good work !
With the last Sierra update… there was a problem with the Codec… when : “ Sharing “ a Project, a : “ Warning sign " was appearing for nothing !
Luckily, after a week, they fixed it with this new 10.3.4 version !
FCPx keeps crashing
FCPx keeps crashing everytime I open the application, even deleting it and re-install doesn’t help neither.….. this sucks… I hope an update comes ASAP.
Well worth it
FCPx is completely under-rated. I’ve heard all of the complaints and I just don’t agree. I’ve been using FCPx for about 4 years and it’s great and only getting better with each update. Could there be improvements? Sure, but Apple is lisenting and they are doing great things.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.