Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
How Your Data is used
When you use Find My iPhone, your device’s location, as well as information about your device and your account will be sent to and retained by Apple so Apple can provide you with the service. Your device’s location is only sent to Apple if you actively request the location of a device or accessory. If you choose to enable the Send Last Location feature, your device’s last known location will be automatically sent to Apple any time your device’s battery reaches a critically low level. Apple retains location information and makes it accessible to you for 24 hours, after which it is deleted.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
No More Emails Pleeeease!!!
Is a great toll to track your devices (specially in my case that I own 5 iPhones and 3 iPads in different accounts assigned to my employees), fast, accurate I really liked the app till you got the great idea of sending an email every time I use it to locate my devices. I don't need to know when I used myself the App.
Please stop the Emails NOW!
Very nice app I just wish the phone you are looking for does not need to be connected to wifi for you to ping it
Useless - no future support
Don't bother downloading. It seems Apple is unwilling to grandfather previous versions, so unless you keep buying the newest iPhone versions, this app will be obsolete and not supported on your Apple device. My family has 5 Apple devices and Find my iPhone will no longer work on any of them. No thanks Apple!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 11.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Apple Inc.