British Columbia's tidal (saltwater) sport fishing app, created by the Sport Fishing Institute of BC in partnership with Fisheries and Oceans Canada and supported by the Pacific Salmon Foundation.
- GPS locator plus pinch-and-zoom Map to select fishing area.
- Up-to-date official Regulations including information about species, boundary maps, conservation areas, closures, contamination alerts and more.
- Catch Log including size, date and area caught, plus the ability to take photos of your catch and share with your social network.
- Easy-to-use visual Species ID Guide featuring Salmon and other species in B.C.'s tidal waters.
- Display your Tidal Water Sports Fishing Licence associated with your permanent catch log.
- Guides can now manage trips inside the app.
Thank you to all the early reports from Guides, we have tuned the guide log slightly to better assist you in using the guide log.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs a live GPS map with boundaries
This app is a good start and better than wading through multiple dfo notices, maps and retention charts etc. however what is really needed is a live, zoomable, gps enabled, google type map that shows my location in real time with fishing boundaries overlaid. I should then be able to see a detailed summary of what a I can or can not do in this area without having to click back through multiple summaries as the app currently requires. I should also be able to just click on any fishing boundary area on this map and see the same summary. See Chinook in area 29 as an example of multiple boundaries intersecting at a point with different/multiple regs in each area. If you really want to kick it up a notch have your phone sound an alarm if your boat drifts into a new area where the regs are different (easy to do in area 29).
Do not trust or you will be in court one day
This is a lie. official Regulations the app said.
April 22 2019 I went fishing for chinook salmon
As the app said two a day. Now I have a court day and am charged as its closed coast wide. I had updated the app that morning. I showed Dfo my app and that it was updated and it didn’t matter.
Juvenile license & Catch Log needed
Great App but if I could put in family juvenile licence and catch log data that would be a bonus. They do not have their own phones yet.
- Sport Fishing Institute of BC
- 35.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018, Sport Fishing Institute of British Columbia. All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.