Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
Spelling - two new settings:
• Clear Answer After Wrong (don't clear your typed-in wrong answer)
• Multiple Correct Answers (see in-app help for more details)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hands down best Flashcard App available
This is by far the best Flashcard app, and I have tried pretty much all the top flashcard apps available. It is extremely customizable, so you can review your cards with different methods (spaces repetition being one method of many), and you can format the cards in many ways (with images, sounds, up to 5 sides/card, etc).
The developer constantly updates the app, so since I started using this app, approx 5 years ago, it has been constantly improving.
The support is amazing as well. All of my questions (and I’ve contacted them with quite a few different questions) have been been answered promptly, and have been very helpful.
Favourite app I own!!! I always recommend it. If you want a flashcard app with lots of options that you can customize, this is it.
Seems good, but lack of iCloud Sync is very frustrating
Seems like a pretty solid flash card app, although in my case I just purchased it today.
Currently I have no major complaints with this app except one; it requires a DropBox account to sync flash cards across devices, and apparently cannot use iCloud to sync at all.
For the price, and considering that one key reason I was interested in this app was because, unlike many other flash card programs on iOS, it does not require an external account, this is a pretty disappointing blind spot in an app that otherwise seems to fully meet my needs.
I do not use DropBox, nor do I want to, and it seems odd to require it when iCloud already provides that functionality natively in iOS.
Kudos to the developer for most other aspects of the app so far, but please seriously consider adding iCloud sync as an option. If I am missing something in how this works, or the developer responds to this concern, I will update my review.
Developer Response ,
Hi. There is a new and improved way to keep flashcards synced across multiple devices, but it requires creating a new Flashcards Deluxe account (and using our server). This new sync has not been widely advertised yet, but you can email me or go to our forum to see how to turn on if interested. My problem with iCloud is that it doesn't work on Android devices.
Best out there
I have been using the app for years now and it's invaluable! A must have.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.