Pilots Flight Computer
FlyBy E6B is an essential application for all pilots. Designed by a professional airline pilot it includes many features not found in the "other" E6B programs.
If you are considering a career in aviation FlyBy E6B has functions that you can use in every aircraft you will fly.
FlyBy E6B was one of the very first applications of its kind published for the Palm Pilot. Used by thousands of pilots the world over, it has evolved from the suggestions and feedback we have received.
Please visit our web site for more detail and screen shots.
FlyBy E6B Features (70+):
- True Airspeed using Calibrated Airspeed
- True Airspeed using Mach#
- Calibrated Airspeed using TAS
- IAS Using MACH#
- Equivalent Airspeed using CAS
- Mach# Using TAS
- Mach Crossover Altitude
- Planned MACH#
- Planned TAS
- Vref CAS
- Find Wind Direction and Speed
- Find Wind Component (headwind and crosswind)
Heading and Ground Speed:
- Find Heading, Ground Speed, ETE and Fuel Burned
- Find Estimated Time Enroute
- Find Ground Speed
- Find Distance
- Find Fuel Time
- Find Fuel Flow
- Find Fuel Burned
- Find Estimated Time of Arrival
- Journey Log Time
- Time Adder
- Fixed GroundSpeed (Find a True Airspeed given a track, wind and required groundspeed)
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Altitude
- True Altitude
- Cold Temperature Altitude Correction
- China RVSM Airspace
- Device Altitude (If device has pressure sensor)
Vertical Navigation Calculations:
- Distance and Time using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Vertical Speed
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Distance
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Descent Angle
- Feet/Nm using Vertical Speed, Ground Speed
- Feet/Nm (%) using Gradient %, Ground Speed
- Rate of Climb using Required Climb Gradient and Ground Speed
- SCDA (Constant Descent Angle)
- VDP (Visual Descent Point)
- VPA Deviation (Vertical Path Angle Deviation)
- Critical Point
- Equal Time Point
- Point of No Return
- Time to Minimum Descent Altitude
- Track and Distance between two points with map plotting of the great circle track. Map plotting includes movable pin locations with instant trip information: Distance, Track and time enroute.
- Map GPS mode. Displays device Speed, True Course, Altitude, Distance Remaining, Track to Destination, cross track error, estimated time remaining and estimated time of arrival.
- Map closest airport feature will display airports close to your current GPS location or a dropped pin location.
- Fix. Calculate a map point based on a Fix, Radial and Distance.
- Rate One Turn
- Radius of Turn
- Turning Stall Speed
- DME Arc distance and time
- VOR Nav
Nautical Miles/ Knots
Statute Miles/ Mph
- Fuel, Temperature Corrected, JetA, JetB, AvGas:
- QFE/QNH airfield altitude conversion
- DMS/DM.m/DM.m and D.d coordinate conversion
Feet per NM
- Relative Humidity, Heat Index, Cumulus cloud base, Wind Chill
- NOAA METAR and TAF access
- ISA Temperature Deviation
- Linear Interpolation
- Minimum Floor Load Limit (Cargo)
- Maximum Cargo Weight
- Runway Slope
- PAX Weight
- C.G. Change
- Weight to Shift
- Distance to Shift
- Sunrise/Sunset: Civil Day/Night, Azimuth, Apex, Elevation, for any location and time/date. Includes a unique sunset ETA function that calculates your current flights sunset time.
- New function added: VOR Nav. Calculates a track and distance using two radial and DME points.
- Changed track label display in Track and Distance function.
Ratings and Reviews
Best E6B I have ever used
This is by far the best/easiest electronic E6B I have ever used. It’s intuitive and very well laid out. I have been using this app for over 7 years and it just keeps getting better and better. The developer keeps upgrading and adding features on a regular basis. This is truly the best addition to my flight bag and well worth the money.
Peter E. Ward, FO, Air Canada A320
I've been using this product for many years...It's excellent!
A must have for the professional pilot
This is the last E6B app you will ever need. I recently downloaded this app and I am very impressed with its functions. It has all of the tools and calculations you could use for any pilot. The layout is very user friendly. This is a must have app for any professional pilot. Great for iPhone or iPad !!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lonnie Ganz
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © SkyWriter Software 2000-2021. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.