#1 ranked productivity app in 136 countries.
App Store 2015 & 2016 Best App
Can't stop scrolling? Keep off your phone with Forest, and unleash your productivity along with 6 million satisfied paying users.
Welcome to Forest, the place where procrastination does not exist!
Staying focused has never been harder in this world of digital distractions. From phone calls to text messages, your attention is constantly being diverted. Forest is the revolutionary timer app that eliminates distractions and doubles your productivity in a fun and easy way.
Plant a tree when you need to stay focused. If you commit to your task without getting distracted, your tree grows; if you cannot resist the temptation to use your phone, your tree dies. Over time, you will have an entire forest built from your focus and commitment.
Free yourself from obsessive scrolling and make better use of your time with Forest.
• Multiple Ways to Track Time: Use Time and Stopwatch to boost your productivity!
• Earn rewards by staying focused and unlock more than 60 tree species and white noises.
• Compete with users around the world.
• Plant with friends - If one of you fail to stay focused, you'll all get a dead tree!
• Complete challenges to unlock achievements.
• Plant real trees on Earth with our partner, Trees for the Future - We've planted over 1,000,000 real trees so far!
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
• Categorise your tasks with tags and see how you allocated your time.
• View your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly progress and learn about your own focus habits.
• Track your focused time in Apple HealthKit.
• See a complete timeline of your focus journey.
THE BUZZ IS REAL
"Forest works well, and if your goal is to be more in the moment, ignore your phone and actually talk to your friends when you are with them, this is the app for you." — The New York Times.
"While there are plenty of Pomodoro timers in the App Store, Forest has become my favorite, thanks to its playful design..." — TechCrunch
"For anyone looking to curtail their phone usage, the Forest app might be for you." — Business Insider
Plant a tree with Forest today and start building life-changing habits!
• Forest is available for iPhone and iPad, and can be accessed across all iOS devices with a one-time purchase. To unlock the non-iOS version of Forest requires a separate purchase. However, by logging into the same account, your data can be synchronised across all platforms.
• Due to iOS system limitations, we cannot determine what app the user is currently using, thus Allow List cannot be implemented. If you wish to access other apps without affecting your tree, please turn off "Deep Focus Mode".
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other similar-looking apps are not developed by the Forest team.
Follow us on Instagram: @forest_app
Follow us on Twitter: @forestapp_cc
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
Sound Design: Shi Kuang Lee
We've built a new server. When you register an account, you can select the server according to your location.
Ratings and Reviews
makes studying fun!
never thought i would say that, haha! i really do enjoy using the app, and i definitely notice a change in the way i study. i feel more concentrated with the manageable time intervals, helps me stay off my phone, and the growing the tree is a cute and effective incentive :) worth every penny! but i do wish that i could see all my trees that i've grown since the beginning. also, i would like to have a pause button for the longer interval times (35+ mins) for when i need to go to the washroom or grab a snack lol
You should use it
A good app. Help me control my time.
The app is a great idea, and has a really cute premise. After a few hours with it, though, I had to uninstall it. It wasn’t worth the aggravation.
The problem is it isn’t sophisticated enough to differentiate between work and recreation. If I suddenly remember I need to reschedule a meeting in the calendar app, I should be able to do that without killing my tree. This might be an OS limitation, but if so they could have found some way around it, through different mechanics.
There’s no way to pause cycles. If you need to have a messenger conversation about plans later that day, your tree is dying, no way around it. There might be some way using the in-game currency, but it shouldn’t need that. Why is there even a currency system for a pomodoro timer?? I get that companies like making money by selling you ephemeral nonsense, but they charge for the basic things you’d use the app for.
Its messaging is also really harsh. “Go back to forest immediately!” is pushed when you change apps. While in the app, it says things like “stop looking at me!”. And yet it’s hard not to look at it, as things keep changing/moving onscreen.
By killing the tree and leaving its corpse in your field, they punish you for failing. I’d rather you just lost progress and had to restart planting that tree. I wish they focused more on positive reinforcement and less on punishment.
I feel like they put a lot of effort into the aesthetics, making it cute and pretty, but not enough into user research and usability.
I’d give it a 1-star in terms of how well it accomplishes its goal. There are better pomodoro apps. But it is very pretty and there’s something soothing about seeing a field full of trees. It has the skeleton of a great app, but it’s not fleshed out.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback!
We would keep improving Forest in the future. :) - Forest
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.
- 522 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SeekrTech CO., LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Box of Sunshine Elixir $2.79
- Bottle of Sunshine Elixir $1.39
- Small pot of Crystal $6.99
- Large bag of Crystal $13.99
- Shovelful of Crystal $1.39
- Cartful of Crystal $27.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.