Forecast four prominent macroeconomic data series every month. Achieve higher scores and earn badges by improving accuracy and forecasting consistently. View your scores on league leaderboards to see how you stack up against the competition.
Once you join the public league or create a private league to play with friends, you’ll enter forecasts for four economic data series: GDP, unemployment rate, consumer price index, and payroll employment. You enter one forecast for each series before the 20th of the month. The official data are released in the following month, and forecasts are automatically scored for accuracy. You receive two scores—a monthly points score and an all-time score—that are listed on the leaderboard to let you know how well you’re doing in a given month and over time. View your forecast errors and forecast history, and track your improvement over time.
With private leagues, you can view your scores in comparison with the other league players (classmates, friends, co-workers...) as well as in the full public league. You can belong to as many private leagues as you want to; simply enter one set of forecasts, and they’ll be copied to all your leagues. Educators and administrators can quickly and easily set up leagues and invite students or friends to play via email.
- Connection to a FRED account
- Links to educational material by the St. Louis Fed to learn about the data
- Access to the public league and ability to form private leagues
- Viewable scores, leaderboards, and forecast history
- FAQs and access materials to learn about gameplay
- Ability to earn and view badges
Sign in with Apple, bug fixes
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- 19.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.