The largest French-English dictionary
Intuitive and incredibly fast, this dictionary combines a wide-ranging content with an easily accessible interface.
With this Éditions Larousse application you can access our most comprehensive French-English dictionary at your fingertips; the equivalent of 2500 pages!
- Dictionary contains over a million words and expressions, and gives examples to illustrate meaning
- Complete coverage of technical and business vocabulary
- Offers a range of linguistic registers, from the literary to slang and the colloquial
- 5,000 proper nouns, including people, places, and historical events
Thousands of notes and tips
- Guidelines for usage (false friends, easily confused words, etc.)
- Tips about lexical and grammatical constructions
- Cultural notes on Francophone customs and institutions
• History and favourites sorted by meaning
• Links to and from every word, allowing swift movement from one translation to the next
• Pronunciation guide for all words and examples (online mode only)
►Accessibility: adjustable font sizes for greater visual comfort
Update 64 bits / iOS10
Ratings and Reviews
Searching is very quick, and I've never failed to find a word. Integrated vocal pronunciation is great too. The only thing it could do to be better is make conjugated verbs searchable, but there are other apps for this.
This app needs an update. In-app pronunciation sound doesn't work and crashes the app since iOS9.
Need update to work smoothly on IOS 12 platform
The keyboard look very ugly on iPhone as it’s very big.
Great for expanding, and actually remembering, new vocabulary
I really like using this app, I find it head and shoulders above the other ones I’ve used for actually learning a language. The search filters in real time, and the examples of how the word is used in different contexts makes it far more useful and memorable than a word in = word out translation.
Note to the developers - a ‘did you mean?’ spelling correction would be useful for clumsy thumbs. Also, think about including “submit a sentence” for you to review and add colloquial uses that are not already featured.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.