The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
NOTE: Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1!
-Prep for future iOS versions (64-bit support)
-More sound problems resolved
-Misc. minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best ios game period
The only bad thing about FTL, is that every other mobile game seems like garbage after you have played it.
Super Duper Good!
Please... more? I mean, I bought it on steam years ago and I’m not over with it yet... And iPad release was a holy gift from god... Can I have more?
Needs an Update
Love the game, but it needs to be updated to support the new iPad Pro resolutions.
It makes no sense to only have one ship zoomed in at a time when both could be fully displayed if they got rid of the black bars on either side.
Fix that and it’s a five star rating!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.