The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
NOTE: Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1!
-Prep for future iOS versions (64-bit support)
-More sound problems resolved
-Misc. minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best ios game period
The only bad thing about FTL, is that every other mobile game seems like garbage after you have played it.
The Best Game on Any Tablet
This game can be paused at any moment and all moves can be considered. A rouge-like where you jump between beacons to discover rewards, battles, and occasional mysteries. Flavour In every corner fills out the universe. Hard-earned wins, hard-fought losses, and an exciting sci-fi adventure every game.
Thank-you Subset Games. This is the best version of the seminal PC original. It boasts a more natural control scheme with direct interaction, and is now available anywhere you go. This game needs an update though. It does not support the 11- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro screen shapes, so you get borders around the app. It would be more work, but the game could be reformatted for the larger iPad displays. It could display two ships without the focus window being necessary. Perhaps 10.5-inch iPads and larger.
Please update with extra languages like the PC version!
- Subset Games, LLC
- 194.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Subset Games, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.