Plan trips and stay safer in the woods, with Gaia GPS.
Join hundreds of thousands of backpackers, hunters, offroaders, mountain bikers, backcountry skiers, firefighters, guides, and other serious outdoor adventurers and professionals that use Gaia GPS for work and play. Hike, hunt, and offroad with the best topo maps and outdoor navigation tools.
►► The Best App for Topo Maps
Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
The name Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view easy-to-read, modern maps, with fast and beautiful rendering
• explore historic and classic print maps (NRCan, USGS, USFS, IGN)
• download worldwide topo, road, and satellite maps
• search for hiking trails, parks, natural places, and addresses, and tap features on Gaia Topo to get more info
►► Sync and Back-up
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
• share trip plans, and collaborate on shared folders
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• import and export GPX and KML files
• customize coordinates types (Decimal, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, Degrees - Decimal Minutes, UTM, and MGRS)
►► Membership Levels
Free Level - You can use Gaia GPS for free. You'll be limited to the default map source, and you won't be able to download maps for offline use.
Member Level - As a Member, you can download a worldwide catalog of topo, road, and satellite maps.
Premium Member Level - As a Premium Member, you also get access to these map sources:
• NatGeo Trails Illustrated
• ESRI World Satellite Imagery
• France IGN
• US Private Land Ownership (owners and addresses for parcels)
• US Hunting Layers, including GMUs, public land, and fires
• US NeoTreks Topo
• US Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
• Hill-shading, contour lines, slope angle, and other overlays
► To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also get bumped up, when you rate a new update.
* Fix crash when importing a large number of photos.
* Improve styling of waypoint labels in dark mode.
* Added new controls for showing Routes, Tracks, and Areas separately in the Map Overlay menu.
* Fix "Copy to GaiaGPS" not appearing for KML files.
* Logging out now deletes any map data you have saved on your device.
* Fix crash showing tracks with more than 100,000 points.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use
This is in my opinion the most accurate and easy to use GPS app I used so far. Nice to record the trails and make pictures for future exploring.
The New GAIA GPS app is a huge mistake
I have been using the old GAIA GPS app for almost 3 years now for all my navigation needs as a bush helicopter pilot, and it has been spreading like wildfire to other pilots and clients who spend time in the bush BUT for some reason the old app has been discontinued and the new one has a number of problems which make it impossible to use. Firstly, they decided to use grey writing, grey on white background, possibly the worst contrast ratio of any colour combination. Try reading that in a bumpy vibrating aircraft in bad weather (which is when you need it most).
Secondly they were so close to having the all round best GPS app ever made, all they needed was to listen to the forums and add a few features that people were requesting, and keep it going, instead they discontinued a winning app and make new inferior version?? Why? What happened...
That being said, the addition of back roads maps is brilliant, thank you. I will take full advantage of this map until they finally make the old app seize to function, and I will no longer be a customer
I have found Gaia to be an incredibly useful app for our kayaking adventures in Ontario. Some areas are hugely complicated to navigate due to islands, inlets, points, etc and Gaia has always come through.
- Trailbehind, INC.
- 203.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009-2020 Trailbehind, inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Gaia GPS Premium $49.99
- Gaia GPS Member $24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.