The free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app provides a powerful connection to your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the ActiveCaptain community for the ultimate connected boating experience. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, be able to purchase new maps and charts, and have access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Connect to the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest. Smart notifications¹ on your chartplotter screen keep you connected with everyone else. Plan a trip or pre-fish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even view and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet while you’re on the water.
This app is not recommended for non-Garmin chartplotter owners and is not intended to be a standalone navigational app. The included basemap is not useable without purchasing additional charts/maps.
- OneChart™ lets you access all your Garmin unit pre-load and accessory card charts and maps from your mobile device and purchase new ones
- Receive smart notifications¹, such as calls and texts, on your chartplotter display when paired with the app
- Connect to fellow boaters with the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest
- Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and chartplotter
- Easily upload and download the latest Garmin Quickdraw Contours content from the community
- Download software updates and notifications from the app to your Garmin devices
- View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet
¹See compatibility matrix - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/573254#devices
- Support for High-Resolution Relief Shading Charts
- Dark Mode support
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Twice now I have selected fishing mode and the app crashes permanently. I have had to redownload Active Captain twice now. Please look into this issue. Thanks. JV
Annapolis Harbour Boat Yard.
Last week I noted that the transmitter on my AIS unit was not working satisfactorily and was not transmitting. I had great difficulty in finding a Raymarine service agent but after some 10 different phone calls to boatyards the Annapolis Harbor boatyard told me that they would see me the next day. The technician, Zach, was superb and within half a day had solved the problem and the unit is now transmitting satisfactorily. Later that day we discovered that our radar is not working and within half a day we were back on the dock in that boat yard and in just half an hour Zach had found the disconnected cable. We were astonished at how quickly they came to our rescue and solved our problems.My wife and I highly recommend this boat yard to any yacht owner with problems.
Dr Mark Hares.
I have just started to use this app ,so far so good , It is working for me and will help me in the future whit all the updates !!! Thanks for a great product!!!!
- Garmin International
- 204.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
- In-App Purchases
- US+Great Lakes Detail Map $69.99
- U.S. LakeVü Detail Map $39.99
- Canada LakeVü Detail $39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.