Gboard – the Google Keyboard 12+
Search. GIFs. Emojis & more.
Gboard is the keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs – Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search – Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers – Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing – Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else which you’d search for on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things that you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so that you can easily share. None of these queries is sent to Google.
In this version we have:
• Language improvements for Cantonese (new Jyutping input method, fuzzy selection)
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work so good on Apple
When voice typing it will get the first sentence and then stop working for the rest of the message. Hopefully this can get fixed.
FIX THE BUG.
The google keyboard is my default when typing. It’s smart and dynamic. However, in the past two weeks the keyboard keeps on crashing and flashing back to the Apple keyboard. Please fix this bug and I’ll update this review with more stars.
Excellent app, but needs one change to be perfect
Pressing on the Google colored button on the bottom should stop the listening input. Sometimes if music is playing in the background then it will continue to listen for voices, even though I stopped giving the voice input 20 seconds earlier. This is a really annoying future, and there needs to be a way to stop the listening input in case music is playing in the background or something.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 86.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kyrgyz, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc