Goodbudget is a personal finance app perfect for budget planning, debt tracking, and money management. Share a budget with sync across multiple phones (and the web!).
MANAGE MONEY WITH PEOPLE YOU LOVE
Goodbudget is perfect for sharing a budget with a spouse, family member, or friend. Sync across multiple devices including iPhones, other smartphones, and the web.
* Transactions synced with the cloud and accessible from other devices, including Goodbudget's web app!
* Stay on the same page about finances with those close to you
* Your data is automatically and securely backed up to Goodbudget's website
* Download transactions to CSV (on website)
Goodbudget helps you make sense of your budgeting and spending with in-app reports.
* Know how to modify your budget after analyzing reports
* Spending by envelope report (cool-looking pie chart!)
* Income vs spending report
* Debt progress report (track your payoff!)
* Even more reports on the web
A PROVEN SYSTEM
Goodbudget is based on the envelope budgeting method. But with no physical envelopes...only virtual envelopes!
* Check envelopes balances (aka how much you have left to spend) while you're on-the-go
* Expense tracking optimized for speed
* Proven cash envelope budgeting method
* Track your bank balances in addition to envelope balances
* Pay off debt and manage payments
* Live within your means
* Schedule transactions and automatic envelope fills
Ad-free, Free Forever version includes 10 regular envelopes & 10 annual envelopes. Use envelope budgeting to plan your spending, not just track it!
SUBSCRIBERS GET MORE FEATURES!
* Unlimited regular envelopes
* Unlimited annual envelopes
* Sync up to 5 devices
* 7 years of transaction history
* Personal and friendly email support
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
If you're looking to track where your money goes, plan your spending, or create a budget that works, try us out!
Goodbudget: Budget well. Live life. Do Good.
Features, bugs? Please email us at email@example.com! We're happy to help!
** Leading personal finance app downloaded over 2,000,000 times AND previously featured by Apple, The New York Times, Forbes, CNET, LifeTime TV, The Boston Globe, and Lifehacker **
Fixed some issues where certain settings made text difficult to read on the Envelope Fill screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good software. Only thing I would like to be more flexible is adding money to the envelopes freely. I understand the accounting premise of always moving money from one account to the other. But sometimes we just want the "virtual envelope" part of the features.
I believe any paid budgeting app goes completely against what budgeting is...trimming costs. 10 enveloppes is not really enough for me, unless I want to bundle my credit cards together (which I don’t they are separate payments). I understand apps like these make up for the difference you pay, but I can’t justify spending money to save money....not when I can do it in an excel free of charge.
Developer Response ,
We offer a free forever plan that features 10 regular envelopes, 10 annual/irregular envelopes and 1 account. The majority of our customers are on the free version and make it work for their budgeting situation. You're right that we do charge for Goodbudget Plus which features unlimited envelopes and accounts--the funds are used to pay all the people on our team that work hard to design, build and support our software.
App is good but hard to justify the monthly/yearly subscription fee. There are far better budgeting apps around that you almost don’t pay anything or at least pay a one time lifetime subscription. App has too many limitations (e.g., i have to make separate envelope and account transaction on my investment account; I can’t view my transactions in calendar view [a lot of budgeting apps can do this] etc). I paid almost $90 (Cdn) for a one year subscription. I definitely won’t renew. Subscription fee kinda defeats the purpose of “budgeting” if i have to pay for a subscription for a mediocre app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dayspring Technologies, Inc.
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-present Dayspring Technologies, Inc. SPC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plus Plan $7.49
- Monthly Plus Plan $9.49
- Annual Plus Plan $62.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.