Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
- Now, after connecting your account, you can import your Amazon book purchases into Goodreads!
- View last year’s Year in Books summary from the app.
- Bug fixes, and more!
Ratings and Reviews
Healthiest App on My Phone
I think the best thing about this great app are the reviews. They get voted up by people who agree with them so the creme rises to the top.
I don’t find book reviews in the media very reliable at all. They most often are positive and I’ve bought way too many books with compelling subject matter but that I couldn’t finish because the writing just wasn’t exciting enough to keep me engaged. Also you can write your own reviews.
It’s cool to see what my fiends are reading too, how they rate the books - and you can recommend books to them by direct message.
But the other top thing about the app is FINALLY I have a place to chart all the books I’m thinking of reading. Not only that but you can save them as well as read books in “bookshelves’ - so by the category of your choice.
Now a new terrific thing I discovered - the Goodreads top 10 books of any given year is a reliable place to find strong writers. I just devoured 2 from the list.
It has got me reading again and I am really enjoying it!!!
Would be nice if they could include their quotes on this app. They have such an amazing list of quotes on the website that ought to be included on the app and made for easy searching based on popular tags and author/writer/etc. With that included and done effectively I would give this 5 stars.
I have been a Goodreads participant for a few years now, and I LOVE it! I never buy a book anymore without checking the ratings on Goodreads. It’s a great place to keep track of the books you’ve read and the app is excellent! My only disappointment is the fact that I can’t give half star ratings!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.