Guitario is a game that improves your guitar skills. This application was created in collaboration with professional guitarists in order to help people memorize notes on a guitar's fretboard. Before the clock runs out guess the correct note and earn higher scores and higher skills. The more points you get the cooler the guitars you unlock and don't forget to test your skills in the real world ! What are we talking about?
Why should you know the notes on your fretboard ?
Here are a few reasons why:
1. Understand the music your are playing - learning the notes increases your insight into music, making it easier to recreate and compose songs.
2. Increase your improvising skills - familiarize yourself with all the notes and have them always at your fingertips
3. Speak the same language as musicians - notes (like words) allow you to write music and communicate with your fellow bandmates
4. Read sheet music more easily - reading and playing standard notation becomes much easier when you know notes location on a fretboard
5. Take more out of music theory - knowing notes makes music theory concepts much more applicable
6. Transpose songs, riffs and solos to other parts of the fretboard - play them all over the fretboard and find out where they sound best
7. Build a foundation for ear training - by playing Guitario, slowly but surely you will improve you ear and help to make a connection between what you hear and what you see
Besides all these benefits, here is what makes our game unique:
- interactive lessons that provide theory and practice
- customizable training mode
- challenge mode
- reaction times statistics
- accuracy statistics
- alternate tunings
- option to display notes on staff and five line with treble or bass key
- virtual circle of fifths
- layout and graphical improvements
- other improvements based on users feedback
- fixed bug with custom training freezing
- fixed bug with play along mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overal i think Guitario is a great app, i typically learned every note on the guitar within a week after watching a youtube vid and playing this, If i could recoment anything that they could do to make this apl even better, is to add a global score board, and look into making new callenge modes for practicing scales, intervals,key signatures, and mabey an ear training callenge mode, you already have ear training part in your app, but if you made it an alternate challenge mode it’ll drive people more to getting it because theres an in game goal before the timer runs out, mind you i cant tell what a note is by ear, but if you added lessons with phrases like i used to learn the notes on the guitar or smaller it may be a real big help and make guitario even more ov an essential tool than it already is. For anyone new to guitar or played for a long time and just starting to advance your knowlege like me! if anything all you need to know to remember the notes is the whole tone notes in these phrases c-D-E and F-G-A-B ,;on the 2e strings, on the A string start from c to e starting from 3rd fret because the 3rd fret is the c note, on the d string count from f -b, then on the g string start from the 5th fret and start from c - e again, then on the b string, start on the fisrt fret and go up from c again to e,when you can do that withought error practice these further down the neck for example , on the A string after you do your c-d-e you know e doesnt have a sharp so you can go F-G-A-B the next fret up from the e note on the A string, some goes for the d string, since B doesnt have any sharps, you can go C-D-E the bret directly after B! But obvcourse the goal is to just know where all the notes are, youll want to break this counting up and down and just know instinctivly that okay this is this note withought hardly having to look at it at all, my advice would be to practice starting from different notes other than c and B lets take a for example, if you start practicing these patterns starting with a , you will always know where a is because it was the first note in the parren so it should be easiest to make finding it instinctive,( id just like to note i myself havent practiced this yet, i sorta just came up with it on the fly, but seems pretty compelling when i think about it)
Great app for guitarists
Very good purchase
I will beat you!! Yes I will Bwahahaha
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.