****** Winning application at the 2014 Intel Challenge CodeFest ******
If guitars were easy to tune, there wouldn’t be so many guitar tuners around.
While most tuners boast high precision of real-time frequency (±1 hundredth of a semi-tone), real-time precision is actually not as useful as functional precision.
As the actual frequency of a plucked string varies with time, following it precisely results in a shifting display that requires some averaging and approximation from the user.
Enters « GuitarLab Tuner », a very smart tuner that analyses the string’s frequency as well as string-specific shifting patterns before displaying the required conclusion… Should I tighten, loosen or let the string as it is ?
This is the ultimate tool to tune your guitar in a record time.
• Automatic string identification as well as a manual mode for noisy environments
• 4 precision levels: Regular, Pro, Super Pro and a Smart mode
• Possibility of tuning your guitar 1 or 2 half-tones lower, as well as for 7 capo positions
• 10 non-standard tunings (with more to come)
• Audible reference pitch tone (440 to 443 Hz)
Don’t let the clear and easy interface fool you; this tuner is powered by the most complex and smartest set of mathematical calculations that take into account specific guitar string characteristics.
• The actual frequency of a plucked string varies with time.
When a string is plucked, you first hear its initial frequency (called attack frequency) followed by stabilization and fading frequencies.
• The shifting high harmonic content as well as sympathetic vibrations of other strings often « hide » the basic frequency.
As the guitar body and other strings start to vibrate, it creates a rich harmonic content that makes the guitar sound very attractive but also renders the identification of the basic frequency of the initially plucked string more difficult. For instance, even current guitar tuner apps are often fooled when vibrating bass strings overpower the actual frequency of the high E string.
A musician, a software developer, a graphic designer and several engineers came together to create this smart app with powerful mathematical algorithms, but clear and simple interface.
Now available for 6-STRINGS GUITARS ONLY. Upcoming versions will be available for bass, 12-strings and ukulele.
- Support for 48 kHz capture frequency/iOS 12 fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Used this tuner on my Blackberry BB10 phone and worked great. I’ve now switched to iPhone so downloaded the iOS version. While it did not work initially on my XR I contacted the developer who was very eager to sort things out. The app works fine now and is my go to tuner for my guitar. Highly recommend you give it a shot.
Très convivial! Bravo!
I love this tuner. Very easy to use and so accurate. Worth the price and more !
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jean-Philippe Jodoin
- 24.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Jean-Philippe Jodoin
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.