Load your guns! Rain death from above! Protect your valuable orphans! Defeat giant, improbable bosses! Gunhouse is part puzzle, part active tower defense, as you make big combos to launch a hail of bullets and special attacks at the enemies who would like nothing better than to consume your delicious orphan friends. With a unique art style, music by Fez composer Disasterpeace, code by that Frog Fractions guy, and design by some jerk named Brandon Sheffield, Gunhouse is a cute, endless game that will chill you out and rile you up!
BIG UPDATE TIME! We've added modes, fixes, and more stuff! wahoo!
Stuff we changed:
- Added hardcore mode. Play with the original 3 guns, no upgrades, die once and you're out!
- Play previous days. Now you can go back and grind! Who doesn't love grinding!?
- Offline score boards for hardcore mode, tracking day and money achieved.
- Offline stats. Want to know how which guns you've shot the most? Now you can.
- Boss tuning. We've tuned a couple bosses to make them more reasonable. Day 90 was impossible - now it's not.
- New objectives. Some obscure objectives may turn up on the board now. They'll take ages to complete.
- Improved performance. Should be 60fps on most devices.
- Reduced file size. We did the work and got the file size down.
- Blocks highlight. A colorful box highlights the row/blocks you're selecting.
- Updated/improved tutorial.
- Various bug fixes.
We hope you enjoy this big update! Gunhouse 4 life!
Ratings and Reviews
A novel approach to tower defense
Having a matching puzzle help you build towers and defend against waves of enemies seemed like a interesting thing, until the novelty wears off.
Tower defense games do well to indicate damage, via tower stats and enemy hp bars. Matching puzzles reward players for matching increasingly greater combos. This game does neither of these things well, and you're left wondering why it's worth investing more time into it.
It looks great, fun to play for a bit, just wish there was more depth and attention to the game mechanics rather than just trying to be different.
Developer Response ,
yeah, the HP bars were a difficult call - we decided they'd clutter up the space too much. We do reward you for matching specific elements, but there's no combo mechanic as such - except in the guns, which increase dramatically as you increase the size of your ammo block. We hope people find depth in the bosses and various enemy configurations, but it certainly could be pushed more. Thanks for playing and taking the time to write a long review!
- Necrosoft Games LLC
- 132 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Necrosoft Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.