Guthook Guides help you get to the places you’ve dreamed of! Explore the most popular hiking and biking trails around the world with your own personal handheld trail guide.
*** NEW SOCIAL FEATURE: Invite friends and family to follow you on your hike. Drop check-ins along the trail and leave message updates to let your followers know you’re safe. Adjust your privacy settings, approve followers, request to follow other hikers, and manage check-ins in the new Social Feed menu.
Each guide works completely offline, even in airplane mode. It uses your mobile device’s internal GPS to display your location and guide you along the trail no matter where you are. Whether you go on a day hike, section hike, or thru hike, Guthook Guides will help you find your way without getting lost on the trail. The majority of thru-hikers use our app on America’s Triple Crown trails which include the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and Continental Divide Trail.
Guthook Guides has your adventure covered with detailed maps showing your exact GPS location, thousands of miles of trail routes, and over 10,000 waypoint details. All of the data for our trails is collected by trusted individuals and partners, and is kept up to date.
Let Guthook guide your next adventure!
- Works offline, no data or internet required after initial setup
- Keep your friends and family up to date by checking in and sharing your location
- Detailed maps including GPS location, detailed routes, and waypoints
- Elevation profile view to see when your next big climb is
- Create your own custom route to plan your trip with the route builder tool
- Stay informed by reading real-time waypoint comments by other hikers and leave your own
- Choose from multiple offline map sets
- Waypoints are plotted on the main trail, approach trails, side trails, and elevation profile
- View waypoint details and photos with up to date comments left by other hikers
- Waypoints include: water sources, shelters, campsites, road crossings, trailheads, junctions, viewpoints, peaks, parking, and many others
- Town guides include: accommodation, restaurants, resupply, laundry, post offices, shops, historical sites, and more
US NATIONAL SCENIC TRAILS
- Appalachian Trail
- Pacific Crest Trail
- Continental Divide Trail - The official app of the Continental Divide Trail Coalition
- Arizona Trail - The official app of the Arizona Trail Association
- Pacific Northwest Trail - The official app of the Pacific Northwest Trail Association
- Ice Age Trail - The official app of the Ice Age Trail Alliance
- The Florida Trail - In collaboration with Florida Hikes
US REGIONAL TRAILS
- The John Muir Trail
- The Colorado Trail - The official app of The Colorado Trail Foundation
- The Wonderland Trail - In partnership with Tami Asars (in Mt Rainier National Park)
- Tahoe Rim Trail
- Mount Whitney Trail
- Buckeye Trail
- Mid State Trail
- Benton Mackaye Trail
- The Long Trail (Vermont)
- The White Mountains (New Hampshire and Maine)
- Baxter State Park (Maine)
- The Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway (New Hampshire)
- Acadia National Park (Maine)
- San Jacinto Trail system
- Arkansas trails: Ouachita Trail, Buffalo River Trail, Eagle Rock Loop, Ozark Highlands Trail
- Many State Parks and mountain areas across New England
- Camino de Santiago - Camino Frances (St James' Way in Spain)
- Camino del Norte
- Te Araroa (New Zealand's National Hiking Trail)
- Great Divide Trail - The official app of the Great Divide Trail
- Croatian Long Distance Trail
- Janapar Trail
- Jordan Trail
- Trailblazer British Walking Guides: Wainwright’s Coast to Coast, Hadrian’s Wall Path, Cotswold Way, West Highland Way, South Downs Way, and Ridgeway
- Australia and New Zealand: Bibbulmun Track, Overland Track, Three Capes Track, Cape to Cape, Larapinta Trail
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9.2: We're starting to make some bigger changes. In this update, we've improved the Settings, Offline File Manager, and general Info views to be a little cleaner and easier to use. Map and photo downloads can now be found in the settings menu, but otherwise you should recognize the updated views if you've used them before.
As always, we're also making plenty of changes under the hood. And let us know if you have any trouble by emailing us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs improvement for the Camino.
This was the app I used the most while doing the Camino Frances. Overall I like how you can find your location and distance to the next town. It is missing the most direct route between Tricastela and Sarria. It shows a couple of hostels on the route but not the trail. Other apps provide more info on albergues/hostels. I encountered a couple of glitches in the app and the support team was excellent. With some updates on the Camino Frances this will be a five star app.
CDT Hiker Report Line
The current number this app has for hikers to report in Canada is wrong.
The correct number for hikers to call in and report is 403-317-3953. Can you please update the information as many hikers will need this number. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi Trail Trekker. Could you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know where in the App you’re finding the incorrect phone number? Thanks :-)
Old man, short legs and adrenaline
Best app ever for hiking newbie to professional everyone has it on the trails.
Download before leaving
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Atlas Guides LLC
- 43 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Atlas Guides, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- AT Section 1: GA/NC $11.99
- AT Section 2: NC & TN $11.99
- AT in NJ, NY, CT $11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.