**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an Apple Design Award winning, acclaimed camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019.
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on single-camera phones, like iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view - with batch export!
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or newer
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or newer
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus or newer
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes. OK boss, I just copy pasted the generic release notes in the box on the website we're good to go. Oops, did I type that in here? Wrong window.
Hello, Halide family! We noticed a bug that affected RAW capture for the 2× lens on some iPhones. If you previously saw some behavior there that prevented you from taking RAW shots, try again now. If you have any other issues, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, we're also hard at work on... a new app that complements Halide exceptionally well. Follow the journey on our social media channels if you're interested!
To recap our last big update...
Hello Halide users! Halide 2.14 is here, and it’s an appropriate Winter update. For those of you that know macOS history, you can see Halide 2.14 as a ‘Snow Leopard’ update — while there’s no big feature changes that are visible, the actual app is significantly faster, more reliable, and better.
In addition to our Zero Shutter Lag feature that reduces delay of capturing a shot to near-zero, we now save those photos faster than ever. In the past, if you took certain types of photos that take seconds to process (we’re looking at you 48 megapixel photos), then if you kept hitting the capture button, your iPhone would get overwhelmed and stop letting you take more photos. Not fun.
With deferred processing, your iPhone now waits to finish processing your photos until you’ve given it a few seconds to rest and take a breath. This helps prevent you from missing that one perfect shot!
Sometimes our image reviewer would load slowly right after taking a photo. This is frustrating when you want to check on your shot — a thing most of us do on a regular basis. Thanks to some serious engineering work by Ben, the reviewer can now show images nearly instantly — and even shows a pre-processed image before the processing has completed. It even has a snazzy processing indicator so you can see your image is being ‘worked on’ by the system before it is ready.
A fun note: this review revamp is so fast that we had to add an artificial delay to test the new processing indicator. It’s really very quick. It is our best photo reviewer yet, and we think you are going to love it.
FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
Oops, this is starting to look like far too substantial a release note. Does anyone even read these? (if you do, leave us a review on the App Store! it really helps out.) Time for the generic boilerplate:
Thanks for using Halide! We update our app regularly to make it better for you. This update includes:
- Performance improvements for smoother and faster experience.
- Bug fixes to ensure a more reliable app.
- Minor enhancements to improve usability.
We hope your 2024 is off to a great start. We know we have an exciting year planned for Halide!
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone and iPad have excellent cameras and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it with Halide Mark II. This camera app is designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR, and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
Great RAW camera app
This is an updated review of my previous comments, wherein I lamented a couple key features that I thought weren’t there. I’m not sure if I had a “bad build”, or if I completely missed them (though I’m certain I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find them), but nevertheless after updating I now see them (I probably just didn’t find hem before).
ANYWAYS. Great app. Easy to use. I’m looking forward to shooting with my 8+ a bit more when I’m in Europe next week, knowing I can use RAW and post process later without loss.
Developer Response ,
Sorry if the UI isn't as clear as it could be! If you tap the triangle in the middle of the toolbar (which looks like an 'A'), it will switch into manual mode. From there, you can adjust the shutter speed, white balance, and ISO.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to email@example.com, and we'll be happy to help!
Update forces subscription or 40 purchase!
I loved this app, but the new updates comes with force subscription or one time purchase for 40 dollars. I just want my app works as was before and I can’t see any option for it. Disabling an expensive app with an update is not honest.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 27 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 4.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $14.99
- Monthly $3.99
- One Time Purchase $79.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.