Make handwriting practice fun! With Wet-Dry-Try, children learn and practice correct formation habits for writing capitals, numbers, and lowercase letters. The app simulates our Slate Chalkboard and Blackboard with Double Lines and helps children learn handwriting skills in the easiest, most efficient way. The result truly is handwriting without tears!
- A proven multisensory approach teaches children to write letters and numbers with correct habits and without reversals.
- Children can practice letters in any order they choose, or follow the HWT Order, which presents the letters in the proven Handwriting Without Tears® developmental teaching order.
- A personal coach helps children with friendly audio cues to learn formation steps and fix mistakes.
- Student-created avatars let children personalize their learning, and help them easily identify their accounts.
- Each letter has three levels of difficulty that build skills progressively. Master a level and win a star. Earn three stars and win a letter card. Collect them all to win the grand prize!
- The two options for sensitivity allow parents and educators to adjust the writing tolerance depending on each student’s needs.
- The smiley face and Slate Chalkboard frame promotes good handwriting and reading habits for capitals and numbers.
- Lefty-friendly setting lets you adapt horizontal cross-strokes to make their handwriting easier.
- The double lines, modeled after our Blackboard with Double Lines, make it easy to understand where lowercase letters start and end.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has soooooo many bugs and glitches and the developer doesn't respond, honestly unless your ready for some serious headaches and frustration don't bother with this app.
We bought this app right after it became available. They continue to improve the app. Both my 5 year old (just learning to print) and my 9 year old (who has dyspraxia and difficulty writing) enjoy it. I was not aware of the correct way to teach a child to write and so now I use the same language that is used on the app. I am hoping that small letters will follow soon!
After only having this app installed for 3 days, it no longer works! The app opens upside down and only to the blue Handwriting Without Tears opening page. I can't seem to find a fix online. Also, my 5 year old finds it frustrating. If she is only marginally out of the tracer line she must start again. As a Grade One teacher I understand the value of teaching children the correct way to print letters, however children need to develop their fine motor skills and control with a little wiggle room. Lower case letters would be a welcome free upgrade to those who have already purchased the app.
- No Tears Learning, Inc
- 69.9 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Handwriting Without Tears & Get Set For School
- In-App Purchases
- Add two students $10.99
- Add a student $5.49
- Add three students $16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.