HNO3 Acid is a set of tools for nitric acid mixing, neutralization, and solution preparation in the laboratory, and for field and office calculation.
The calculator helps computing the volume of raw acid and water to be mixed in order to achieve specific acid concentration.
When acid neutralization is needed, the calculator will help calculate the quantity of neutralizing agent based on acid concentration and volume. For lab application, the calculator helps computing the volume of acid of specific concentration needed to mix a solution of a required molarity and normality.
Also, the app includes physical and chemical properties of the product and basic first aid guidance for lab and field mixing.
Bugs reported & fixes:
ver 1.8: ===========
in "Solution Preparation" module; when using liters as volume unit, the raw acid and water volume outputs should be divided by 1000.
* Two new modules were added to calculate partial neutralization of an acid solution (from one concentration to a lower one) and to provides an estimation of the pH of the acid solution as a function of its concentration (and vice versa).
* In this version, we added the ability to synchronize the records across multiple devices sharing the same iCloud account.
* Many bug fixes and functionality improvement including:
- User can copy to clipboard the output of the calculation by simply double tapping the output grey box.
- Now the selected preferred units will not change when loading a previously stored case.
- User can always call back his preferred units by tapping the favorite button in the top menu.
- User can also share results through emails or as a screen-capture.
- Updated a calculation error in "Solution Preparation" module when selecting "lit" as unit volume
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.