Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Now Available for Mac! ##
App of the Day, TIME Magazine's Best Apps!
MacStories "Reader's Choice Award"!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email email@example.com.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Custom Widget Themes, Google Tasks and Microsoft To Do integration, and more!
#### What's New
### Custom Theme Support for Widgets + New Action Icons
It is now possible to select custom light and dark themes for Home Screen widgets from the built-in and custom themes you have installed in Drafts. We have also added dozens of new icons for actions/workspaces in categories like Health, Animals, Education, Email, and more.
If you create custom themes, you may wish to add the following new keys in `colors.interface`: `widgetBackground`, `widgetBackgroundAlternate`, `widgetForeground`, `widgetForegroundAlternate`. If not present, these values will fall back to existing related keys: `background`, `backgroundCollection`, `foreground`, so existing themes should work out of the box without updates.
### Google Tasks and Microsoft To Do Integration
Extensive integration with two of the most popular task managers: Google Tasks and Microsoft To Do. This version adds new action steps which can create individual tasks, or add each line of draft as a task, to lists in either Google Tasks or Microsoft To Do.
Both services are available via scripting, with powerful script objects with convenience methods for creating and updated tasks and lists, while also exposing the full APIs to advanced users.
For sample actions, scripts, and integration guides, visit the Drafts Community Forums (https://forum.getdrafts.com).
### Arrange Mode Improvements
Arrange mode has better external keyboard support, including:
- `Esc` and `⌘-return` to cancel or accept changes
- Arrow keys navigate up-down in the list
- `⌘-up/down` move the selected line up and down in the list.
#### Other Updates and Fixes
- **Change:** iOS 12 no longer supported.
- **Fix:** URL scheme could be called twice on cold start of app.
- **Fix:** Better support for import of exported files from Drafts 3 or earlier
- Script changes:
- `Event` object properties:
- `attendees` array to access (readonly) attendee list.
- `availability` string with values `busy`, `free`, `tentative`, `unavailable`, `notSupported`
- `Reminder` object properties:
- **Fix:** Drafts set in the editor via `editor.load` should get added to recent drafts list.
- **Fix:** Messages app background in dark mode had issues.
- Refactor assets to save on app download size.
Complete version history with documentation: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. You can do "anything" from it. Can connect to almost any other app on your iPad or iPhone.
Just great to create workflows!
Get it, it is more then worth it :)
Subscription model discouraging
I would consider a one time purchase but in my opinion the app is not useful enough to justify paying for it repeatedly.
Really great app, but ... ... ...
Really useful app that I’d like to support but the total of all the other monthly subscriptions with another $2.50 Can /mth added for Drafts 5 becomes just too much. At .99¢/mth or $10/yr I might well have gone for it. I do feel guilty not paying the $25Can/yr but it’s just too much.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Agile Tortoise
- 60.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Drafts Pro - Monthly [i] $3.99
- Drafts Pro - Annual [i] $39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.