Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Now Available for Mac! ##
App of the Day, TIME Magazine's Best Apps of 2018!
MacStories "Best App Updates of 2018" selection!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
For additional details, sample actions utilizing new features and more, visit the online release notes at http://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
#### What's New
- Wiki-style markup for cross-linking between drafts, and executing basic Drafts commands. When embedded in a draft, these become tappable links which open URLs as described below:
- `[[Title of Draft]]` : Creates a link which will open a draft by title (first line) when clicked/tapped. Will create draft with the title if it does not exist.
- `[[u:UUID-OF-DRAFT]]` : Link to a specific draft by UUID.
- `[[s:Search Term]]` : Link to open a quick search to the specified search.
- `[[w:Workspace Name]]` : Link to load the named workspace
- `[[google:Search term]]` : Opens a Google search for "Search term" when clicked/tapped.
- `[[wikipedia:Search term]]` : Opens a Wikipedia page for "Search term" when clicked/tapped.
- `[[bear:Title of Bear Note]]` : Opens a note titled "Title of Bear Note" in Bear, if it exists.
- Link markers are only available when using Markdown, MultiMarkdown or GitHub Markdown syntax definitions.
- "Typewriter Scrolling" option fixes the cursor position in the middle of the editor, moving the text as you type. Feature can be enabled/disabled in the "Aa" editor settings, or via contextual menu (tap and hold) on the "Aa" button.
- Contextual (tap and hold) menu improvements:
- Menus on Inbox/Archive/Flagged/All folder buttons in draft list to change sort options.
- Navigation contextual menu, including "Last Draft", "Next-previous draft in list" and access to recent drafts. Also navigation menu is now attached to next/previous buttons at bottom of screen.
- Quick search button now has contextual menu including "Find in Draft..." option.
- Draft results in quick search now have contextual menus allowing opening in new window and other common commands.
- Scripting additions:
- `Draft` object additions and changes:
- `title` property now strictly returns first line of draft
- `displayTitle` property returns cleaned up title as it would be displayed in draft list.
- `lines` returns content as array of strings split on line feeds.
- `editor.recentDrafts` returns array of recent drafts loaded in the editor, with the most recent previous draft as the first index.
- `app.openInNewWindow(draft)` script method. (iPad/Mac).
- Scripting access to editor navigation markers, as displayed in the Navigation window/menu. Allows for the creation of actions which navigate within the current document.
- `editor.navigationMarkers`: Array of navigation markers available in the document.
- `editor.navigationMarkerAfter(location: number)` and `editor.navigationMarkerBefore(location: number)` convenience methods to get the next/previous navigation markers relative to a location in the text.
- Visit reference for details.
- `FileManager` has new `getCreationDate(path)`, `getModificationDate(path)`, and `setCreationDate(path, date)` and `setModificationDate(path, date)` functions.
- `File` action step has new "Maintain dates" option which will set the creation/modification date of the newly created file to match those of the current draft.
- Add option to copy title to clipboard in locations where there are copy options.
#### Other Changes and Updates
Too many other updates to fit here, for full details visit the changelog: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Subscription. No thanks.
Was so excited for this new version. But subscription? No thanks. I’ll continue to check in occasionally but this type of app is unsuitable for a subscription model. Raise the prices from the previous version if you must, or charge for each capability of the app (as an add-on), but the subscription model is just not suitable for an app of this nature. Hopefully this changes, and if so, I’ll be back to purchase the app.
Subscription model discouraging
I would consider a one time purchase but in my opinion the app is not useful enough to justify paying for it repeatedly.
Great app. You can do "anything" from it. Can connect to almost any other app on your iPad or iPhone.
Just great to create workflows!
Get it, it is more then worth it :)
- Agile Tortoise
- 61.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription $2.49
- Annual Pro Subscription $24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.