Hungry Caterpillar Play School develops the key skills kids aged 2-5 need to get ahead on in their lifelong journey of learning. It is the trusted 1st choice for parents and educators worldwide.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
The app includes Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and a universe of his other beloved characters. Our activities are informed by international early learning standards. We constantly update with the best evidence-based practices in teaching and design.
Subject areas include:
• EARLY MATH SKILLS
• LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
• SCIENCE AND NATURE
• CREATIVE ARTS
• PROBLEM SOLVING AND REASONING
• EARLY CODING SKILLS
Yes, even children as young as two years old can start learning this vital 21st-century skill.
• AN EXCLUSIVE LIBRARY OF LEARN-TO-READ BOOKS
• ABSORBING NON-FICTION BOOKS.
• HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Our learning content is supported and enhanced by SONGS and VIDEOS. These help deepen your child's engagement, understanding, and recall. Songs are a proven learning aid used by teachers all over the world. Our charming guided meditations also help prepare kids’ minds for learning.
• Unlimited access to a huge library of books, videos and activities, all in one kid-friendly app. Updated regularly with new content.
• A safe, child-friendly environment. COPPA compliant and kidSAFE certified. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
• Enjoy pre-downloaded content without WiFi or internet. Great when on the move, or just for peace of mind.
• Perfect for kids aged 2-5. Designed for Preschoolers.
• Particularly effective with neurodiverse children.
• Screen-time is learning time. Everything is designed to nourish and develop young minds.
If you experience any issues email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of $9.99 per month or $74.99 per year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar brings you the activities your toddler needs for learning at home and at school. This update brings mostly under the hood improvements and we've started the new year with a fresh new look to our Parent Center. Check it out for tips on how to use your app.
Ratings and Reviews
Sydney opera house Duck rounding crowds
Hungry caterpillar learning
Cute game but it doesn’t say the shapes or explain what to do. I was hopeful for this game but it has fell short of my expectations
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We're not entirely sure what you mean though. Could you email us at email@example.com so that we can get a clearer idea of your feedback? Thanks
No sound at all
Tried to turn the background sound. Still no any sound. Not able to hear a sound from this APP
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with our app. Normally problems with sound are due to the fact that the mute switch on the device is engaged. This can be a little confusing because not all apps obey the mute button, but ours do, so while you will be able to hear other apps, you would not be able to hear ours.
All you have to do is toggle the mute switch which is located on the side of your tablet or smartphone. Once you toggle it you will hear sound again. If there is no mute button please slide up the menu from the bottom of the iPad screen to find the mute button icon.
If you still cannot hear sound, please try the following: Go to Settings > General. Under "Use Side Switch To" please ensure that the "Mute" option is selected, and not the "Lock Rotation" button. Then ensure that the Lock / Unlock setting is switched on (to unlock). You might have to restart your device afterwards.
If this doesn't work please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it for you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 435.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- ©StoryToys Limited, 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Learning - Pay Monthly $9.99
- Monthly Membership $13.49
- Limited Offer - Pay Monthly $2.99
- Annual - Best Value $59.99
- Start learning – Pay monthly $9.99
- Big Savings - Pay Annually $74.99
- Learning - Pay Yearly - Save! $74.99
- Learning - Pay Monthly $6.99
- Big Savings - Pay Annually $49.99
- Special Offer $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.