Hungry Caterpillar Play School develops the important skills children need by helping you be a part of their learning at home.
#1 Education app in over 25 countries!
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more go to www.kidsafeseal.com.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
Your little caterpillar deserves every chance to succeed. Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar Play School is specifically designed to give young children every advantage they need in maths, spelling, reading, writing, science, nature studies & creative arts. Help your child get ahead and school-ready with internationally recognized early learning goals.
Learning should be fun!
• SHAPES AND COLOURS: Prepare children for understanding maths, art, reading & writing.
• ABC SECTION: Establishes the building blocks for reading success. Learn about the letters of the alphabet & how they join together to make words.
• 123 SECTION: Guides kids through every concept they need to learn to set them up for maths proficiency. Repetition is key, so we’ve specifically designed this section to be different every time.
• ART SECTION: Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression. Budding artists can draw, paint, colour, design & create in unique ways: Paint or cut out collages. As little fingers play & explore they’ll discover all sorts of fun features.
• PUZZLES: Age appropriate puzzles are so important in childhood development. Jigsaws teach children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems. Plus they're fun!
• One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles specifically tailored for young children. These books are read aloud to your child & feature themes of nature, science & art.
• LEARN TO READ BOOKS are a tailored reading experience guiding children through the early reading levels. These titles are designed for independent reading but if your readers encounter a word they don’t know, they can tap on that word & it will be read aloud. These interactive books encourage kids to learn at their own pace.
• NEW SPECIAL 50th ANNIVERSARY SECTION: A very special book featuring Eric Carle's most beloved characters. 10 Little Rubber Ducks video. A special message from Eric Carle.
• Subjects are supported & enhanced by SONGS & VIDEOS to deepen your child's learning. Songs are a proven learning tool used by teachers all over the world.
Marvel as your child grows, and takes off — just like a butterfly.
If you're experiencing any issues email us firstname.lastname@example.org
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of $5.99/month or $49.99/year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
Check out our exclusive new LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD book: THE CHANGING YEAR.
We've also added new MATCHING PAIRS sets, including a set to help your child match their ABCs.
Lots of improvements and bug splatting too!
Ratings and Reviews
Not easy to unsubscribe after free trial
If it was that easy - no one would be complaining. Now I’m locked into a year subscription for an unused app.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Sorry you're having problems unsubscribing. In order to cancel your subscription please do the following:
1. Launch the Settings app
2. Select iTunes & App Store
3. Select your Apple ID
4. Tap View Apple ID when the pop-up window appears
5. Enter your Apple ID Password or fingerprint ID when prompted
6. Select Subscriptions
7. Tap the subscription you wish to cancel
8. Select Cancel Subscription
9. Confirm when prompted.
You don't have to wait for the 7 days to be over, you can cancel at any time and you will still get the full 7 days.
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to refund you directly as the app was purchased from the App Store. You will find a link to a refund option on the receipt of purchase which Apple sent you via email. Alternatively you could contact Apple at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933.
We hope this resolves your issue, if you’re satisfied it has, would you consider revising your review?
No sound at all
Tried to turn the background sound. Still no any sound. Not able to hear a sound from this APP
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with our app. Normally problems with sound are due to the fact that the mute switch on the device is engaged. This can be a little confusing because not all apps obey the mute button, but ours do, so while you will be able to hear other apps, you would not be able to hear ours.
All you have to do is toggle the mute switch which is located on the side of your tablet or smartphone. Once you toggle it you will hear sound again. If there is no mute button please slide up the menu from the bottom of the iPad screen to find the mute button icon.
If you still cannot hear sound, please try the following: Go to Settings > General. Under "Use Side Switch To" please ensure that the "Mute" option is selected, and not the "Lock Rotation" button. Then ensure that the Lock / Unlock setting is switched on (to unlock). You might have to restart your device afterwards.
If this doesn't work please email email@example.com and we will look into it for you.
Tried the free trial. I didn’t like it. I forgot to unsubscribe, I thought I would be charges for a month... I was billed a yearly subscription. Never asked for my permission.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Sorry you forgot to unsubscribe. Just to clarify, when you download the app and open it, the first page clearly displays the monthly and annual subscription options. You cannot start the free trial before selecting one. You then have to get through a parent gate and enter your iTunes password in order to agree to subscription. That first page also explains that subscription will be charged at the end of the free trial unless cancelled, and gives instructions on how to cancel it.
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to refund you directly as the app was purchased from the App Store. You will find a link to a refund option on the receipt of purchase which Apple would have sent you via email. Alternatively you could contact Apple at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933.
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 255.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Annual - Best Value $59.99
- Monthly Membership $7.49
- Limited Offer $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.