Hunt Buddy BC is a better way to read the Hunting Regulations Synopsis for British Columbia, Canada.
Offline topographic maps and other mapping goodies available by In-App Purchase.
Use your device's GPS to tell you what MU you're in, or pick an MU from a list or off the map. See at a glance everything you need to know about a Management Unit:
- Open seasons - dates, bag limits, and more
- Links to detail maps
- Motor vehicle, shooting and other restrictions
- Sunrise/sunset and moon phases
Pick any date to see the seasons & restrictions that will be in effect when and where you're planning to hunt. You don't have to flip back and forth through the tables and maps - it's all there, and it's organized so you can find what you need quickly and easily. The open season list and season detail page have quick links into the Synopsis for definitions, restrictions, maps and more.
The 2020-2022 Regulations Synopsis and 2020-2021 Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) Synopsis are also included. You can select a page by thumbnails, print pages, and more.
Optional In-App Purchases
- LEH Zone Boundaries: Download the full set of LEH zones and choose which ones to display on the map.
- Mapping Package: Downloadable topo maps. Parks, protected areas, recreation sites and trails. Tracks and pins (waypoints). User configurable map servers. Record tracks and pins using your device's built in GPS. Import / export tracks and pins in GPX format. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note that Hunt Buddy BC is not a legal document, and is not affiliated with or sanctioned by the Province of British Columbia. It's an easier way to interpret the Regulations Synopsis published by the Province. The Wildlife Act and Regulations (and other federal, provincial and local laws) are the final authority in case of any discrepancies.
Fixed bug preventing download of LEH zones.
Updated regulations as of 2020-10-13 (motor vehicle restriction changes in 4-22).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s a great app. Gives you notices on major synopsis changes and lets you know about LEH availability and results
Has all the info you need for hunting and recreating in BC backcountry. Satellite maps are downloadable, saving data charges you would pay if you were using google earth instead. Pays for itself.
First you pay for app then you gotta pay for things you need for the app!
- John Griffith
- 150.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 John Griffith
- In-App Purchases
- Mapping Package $14.99
- LEH Zone Boundaries $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.