Why just read about a case study when you can experience one?
Cogent Education’s Interactive Cases provide engaging real world scenarios allowing you to explore a variety of science-based careers and dive into the "molecular" world to solve a real world problem. Each Interactive Case concentrates on one of the most challenging concepts in Biology.
In our Interactive Case on Membrane Transport, you play the role of an emergency room physician, where you must help a child who is experiencing sudden heart palpitations. The patient visited a botanical garden where they could have ingested poisonous plants.
After reviewing your patient's symptoms you will learn the fundamentals of membrane transport by exploring an embedded Interactive Guide, which contains simulations and animations to help explain the core concepts of membrane transport.
Next, you’ll fly into your patient's heart muscle and start your investigation by collecting and analyzing data from her muscle cells. This will enable you to form & test a hypothesis, and communicate your findings. All along the way, you’ll be learning key concepts and developing and honing your problem solving skills.
Our award-winning Interactive Cases:
• present key science concepts in the context of engaging real-world scenarios
• allow you to use critical thinking to practice problem-solving skills
• enable you to interact with virtual molecular and cellular worlds
• align to Next Generation Science Standards and AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner.
• are research-based and proven to improve learning and problem-solving skills (3-year independent study with 2,300 students)
• provide a real-time formative assessment tool that enables teachers to differentiate and personalize their instruction
• are funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
• can be completed in approximately 45-90 minutes.
• allow users anytime, anywhere access, which offers additional time to develop and hone problem-solving skills
You’ll never view science the same way again!
Please note that bluetooth keyboards are not supported at this time. Please use the screen keyboard for entering text.
Improving user experience when selecting text areas with scrolling windows.
Fixing a bug that prevented users from directly switching from one text area to another.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- IS3D LLC
- 205.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 IS3D LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.