Evil stirs beneath the Spine of the World. In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale.
Evil stirs beneath the Spine of the World.
In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale. Journey deep into the Spine of the World mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory settled by only the hardiest folk. Encounter fearsome beasts that have learned the cunning and ferocity needed to survive among the snow-shrouded peaks. Confront an evil that schemes beneath the carven glaciers and mountainsides to wreak destruction upon the face of Faerûn. This is the world of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms. This Enhanced Edition allows a new generation of players to experience this epic adventure.
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from almost 40 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- A New Look: Experience the Enhanced Edition's all new interface, including the new Quickloot bar.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Enjoy the countless bug fixes and improvements that await you in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
The Lance of Disruption spell projectile is now distinguishable from Alicorn Lance.
If a party member is dead the game should not crash after captive villagers leave.
In Trials of the Luremaster, the Magic Mouth should open if the required skulls have been obtained.
In the Heart of Winter, it should be possible to enter the boathouse in Lonelywood.
In multiplayer, games should not crash while on the arbitration screen.
It should be possible to sell a quantity greater than one of rings or similar equipment from a container.
The iOS Export Character UI should use the Icewind Dale Character Extension.
In the iOS multiplayer, a player’s party members dying should not cause the other player’s game to hang.
You should not be able to dual-class if the requirements are not met.
Restoring the Elven Shrine quest should show as a completed quest when finished.
Result of single combat with Presio should not be said by party leader.
Color choices sliders should not lag when dragged.
In iOS multiplayer, the title should not become unresponsive and crash when starting the dictation mode while entering a password protected session.
The ranger spell version of Minor Spell Deflection should use icons from wizard spell of the same name.
New Priest of Tempus dialogue should not play in English for languages with localized audio.
In the Italian voiceover, Attack Sound 3 of the “Female Mage 4” soundset should match its text.
Italian voiceover should not be missing for Heart of Winter player soundsets.
Turkish text should not be different if the party leader is female.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good port
While I still prefer the two baldur's gates, this is a very good game. It plays flawlessly on an iPhone 6 (don't stack arrows in containers though).
I found the story of the main game too linear and not that entertaining. I enjoyed more the expansions (with some side events in how and the riddles of trial of the luremaster).
However game mechanics rocks and optimizing the characters is a lot of fun. Lot of combats in the game with a few of them really challenging.
Unplayable at smaller resolutions
Would have been nice to know before purchasing for my iPad mini. No refund either.
Developer Response ,
We recommend using a bigger screen.
Best dnd game best played on iPad 6 or higher.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 3 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014 Beamdog
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.