Use colour tiles to represent numbers, ratios and percents. Explore patterns and measurement. Create geometric designs.
Create visual representations that help explore mathematical thinking related to:
• Exploring number patterns and concepts
• Representing, comparing and ordering numbers, ratios and percents
• Skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s
• Demonstrating multiplicative thinking
• Using anchor values of 2, 5, and 10
• Modeling operations with numbers
• Exploring rectangular areas and perimeters
• Investigating transformations including: reflections, rotations and translations
• Select a tile or set of tiles by drawing a marquee around them
• Copy, create mirror images, rotate or change the colour of selected tiles
• Change the size of tiles
• Use the multiplier button to set the number of tiles (1, 2, 5, 10, 100) to drag to the workspace
• Use the Tile Count button (#) to check to see how many of each colour of tile are in the workspace
• Step through a history of your work with the undo/redo buttons
• Communicate your thinking or highlight various features of your representation using the built-in annotation tool
• Insert background images
- improved undo/redo of image steps
- updated support docs
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Versatile Math Representation Tool
Students and educators appreciate the ease of use of this app to represent a wide range of mathematical concepts, including whole numbers, algebraic patterns, and data management. The annotation tool increases the flexibility of this tool. The new save and open functions allow for file sharing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
- 36.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.