Sets of objects can be generated randomly or designed by the user. Sort and classify objects. Create patterns. Represent, compose and decompose whole numbers, tenths, and fractions. Explore experimental probability.
Create visual representations that help explore mathematical thinking related to:
• Subitizing (instantly seeing “how many”)
• Sorting by attributes (shape, colour, size, with face/no face)
• Counting principles, e.g., conservation of number
• Skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s
• Representing, comparing and ordering numbers
• Composing and decomposing numbers
• Using anchor values of 2, 5, and 10
• Modelling operations with numbers
• Demonstrating multiplicative thinking
• Exploring number patterns and concepts
• Creating patterns
• Exploring probability and randomness
• Create a user-designed set of objects by dragging into the workspace
• Auto-generate a random set of objects by specifying a number
• Auto-generate a new set while conserving count and selected attribute options
• Select an object or set of objects by drawing a marquee around them
• Copy selected objects
• Change the attributes of selected objects (shape, colour, size, facedness) specifically or randomly
• Organize objects using Ten frames or Frames of Tenths
• Scramble or align objects in the workspace
• Increase and decrease the object size
• Use the multiplier button to set the number of objects (1, 2, 5, 10) to drag to the workspace
• Use the Object Count button (#) to check to see how many objects are in the workspace
• Step through a history of your work with the undo/redo buttons
• Communicate your thinking or highlight various features of your representation using the built-in annotation tool
• Insert background images
• give access to the iOS Files app
• use Open File and Open File from WWW to import images
• bug fixes
Notes et avis
This tool offers so many ways to support student learning. Attributes, sorting, multiplicative thinking, composing and decomposing, strategic thinking, communicating mathematical ideas, comparing, ordering, counting, representing, conservation,....it is endless and fun and visually appealing. Annotation and saving gives lots of chances to assess. Undo redo gives students willingness to take risks.
Let your students explore, they will amaze you.
Lots of Uses
I can't believe the many different ways that students have used this app to explore mathematics. Love it!
So simple and fun to use!
- Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
- 36.3 Mo
Nécessite iOS 6.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- Classé 4+
- © 2016 Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
Prend en charge
Si vous avez activé le partage familial, vous pourrez partager cette app parmi six membres de votre famille.