1000s of lessons with audio + matching text. Learn words and phrases with SRS Review! Import and learn from anything on the web!
Start with easy beginner lessons but quickly progress into learning from real, compelling content. 1000s of hours of lessons, podcasts, audiobooks, interviews and more, all with transcript. LingQ even lets you import and learn from any content you find on the web! Start your language journey today!
Listen and follow along in the text. Look up and save new words and phrases to your personal database. Track which words you know and which words are new to you. Watch your vocabulary and your avatar grow! Track all your learning activities including listening time, words of reading and more.
Review and learn your new vocabulary in context and using our proprietary SRS review tools. Register your account and have your data synced to our web application so you can study on the web along with on multiple devices. The LingQ app also lets you work offline and syncs up when you get back online. This lets you take advantage of dead time and short breaks throughout the day to spend more time with your new language.
No other app will take you as far. LingQ will take you all the way to fluency!
* 1000s of hours of downloadable audio files all with transcript
* Look up and save new vocabulary using multiple integrated dictionary resources
* Review vocabulary using SRS review system
* Track how many words you know, which words are new & which you are learning
* Keep all your learning statistics including listening and reading time
* Use Playlist to easily play and shuffle all your current lessons
* Sync word data, playlist data and lesson data to the web and across devices
* Study offline and update data when back online
*Receive notifications for all LingQ activities from web or mobile including forum and exchange activities from the web
* Manage all your saved vocabulary
* See your learning targets and measure your progress
* Watch your avatar grow as your language grows
“Built by language learners for language learners!”
LingQ Co-Founder, Steve Kaufmann, one of the world’s leading polyglots, has learned 15 languages using this approach. Steve is the “Godfather of language learning”
ACCELERATE YOUR LEARNING WITH LINGQ PREMIUM
• Unlimited LingQs - Look up & save all new words and phrases
• Word Tracking - Track known words, new words
• Unlimited Vocab Review (SRS)
• Unlimited Imports - Import & study text from the web
Feedback? Let us know.
Send suggestions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need a Premium subscription to get full unlimited access to LingQ functionality.
1-month subscription $12.99
6-month subscription $71.99
12-month subscription $107.99
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the end of your free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period/trial. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will continue at the price listed above. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Settings.app -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription
Terms of Service - https://www.lingq.com/terms/
- Fix streak for non-gregorian calendars
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Get this app now !
This app is simply perfect ! Don’t be afraid to spend your money on it, it’s going to save you a lot time of struggling with free apps or with hundred of books. (The web version is better but it’s OK )
PS : I love the new update, it’s easier to use, and more beautiful! Thanks to all the team behind LingQ and all the courses providers !
the best system I've used
Great update: I find sentence mode quite useful for the first few times through a challenging text.
Le wow! I've used many different systems and websites--all very helpful--and am now an intermediate/advanced student of french. This system is perfect for language acquisition, especially the links: words that we are learning that are highlighted in any lesson, so that we can see them again not just as an isolated word but in multiple contexts. This and the combination of text plus audio is unbeatable. Repeated listening and reading is the key to language acquisition. Add to that the act of actually speaking the language (I haven't tried their learning communities yet) and you have everything you need.
Learning a language takes time and effort. I can now converse with a francophone for hours but am continuing to learn and am just beginning Spanish with this app.
Best way to learn French
After using a dozen of other French learning programs I find this one is the most enjoyable and effective. You just get used to listen to content you find interesting and improve your French at the same time.
- The Linguist Institute
- 134.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 The Linguist Institute, Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $16.99
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $94.99
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $144.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.