Keeping the Mass - Everywhere, Anytime. Now free.
iMass removes boundaries for the spread of the Catholic Mass of Tradition - the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. It brings the Latin Mass to the ends of the earth.
iMass provides access to the Mass - anywhere, anytime.
Are you unable to attend Mass, either because of health, distance or unavailability of a Latin Mass? iMass streams the Mass live from different locations around the world, or you can view the Mass of the day or the Mass of last Sunday on demand, anywhere, anytime.
The broadcast Masses are celebrated in the Extraordinary Form by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.
Are you traveling and would like to find your closest Latin Mass? The iMass Map is continuously updated by users of the app and will eventually show every Latin Mass location approved by the Catholic Church. Complete with Mass times and driving directions.
Suppose you don’t want to carry around your missal or you have forgotten it - no problem, with iMass you can follow the Mass with our easy to follow missal. The app also includes the Breviary (Divine Office) and the Rituale - the book of official blessings for priests of 1962.
Just to be clear: you cannot fulfill you Sunday obligation by viewing the Mass on iMass. However, in a similar way to other televised Masses, it is a way to unite yourself to the Mass when you are unable to attend. When sickness or another valid reason excuses you of your obligation to attend the Mass, this is the best way you can unite yourself to the Mass that you are unable to attend.
iMass. Mass, Anywhere, Anytime.
In this time of trial within the Catholic Church, where restrictions are being placed on the Mass of our Catholic Heritage from the highest levels, iMass is doing what it does best: Preserving the Mass and making it available to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
To this end:
- we have recreated the framework of iMass to receive the broadcasts from many more places through the world. These can be added to indefinitely, rather than being confined to just four locations. We have incorporated what began as the “St Corona Project” during the pandemic, uniting these locations with the others on iMass.
- We have added several hundred locations to the iMass Map that had been submitted before the Motu Proprio. When the dust settles we will see which locations need to be updated.
- In order to spread the Traditional Mass to the maximum amount of people possible, now on the iMass app will be FREE! And by free, we mean free: there are no in-app purchases, no hidden costs! LiveMass and iMass still spends thousands of dollars in streaming expenses each month. If you would like to donate toward this expense please use the LiveMass website to donate. But from now on, the app is free!
- We also updated parts of the software, killed a few bugs and made it ready for the latest iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Use this app to pray the Breviary when I'm without my prayer book. It's great and very handy when traveling. I do recommend it.
Great concept, please update audio tech!
If there was quality audio, this app would be great. Right now there is buzzing & background noises. If these priests a mic set up and I’d bump this rating up if the audio quality increased. Maybe I have sensitive ears.
This App is the best! I love that the Little Office of the BVM is included too!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Fryar
- 135.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Fr James Fryar
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.