With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you—no video editing required—with titles, transitions, and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change up the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos right into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder, and delete clips as needed to organize and customize your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, color palettes, and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust, and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
iMovie 3.0.2 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• Easily open your iMovie project in Final Cut Pro for iPad and take advantage of advanced editing and effects.
• Adds support for log-encoded video recorded with iPhone 15 Pro.
• Fixes an issue where a project may not open from the Files app.
• Fixes an issue where exporting a video would sometimes result in displaying an incorrect “Storage Almost Full” error.
Ratings and Reviews
It's the best possible move maker I have ever seen! Just add better sound effects, and other things to make it better! It's the best but add more updates and this would be a 5 star! But great job!!!!!:)
-Please add zooming of videos EX: I do a kill so it zoom.
-we can't add music of sound could and Ivideo :V
-needs effects of YouTube like the "headshot" or the "nooooo god please no no noooooo" or MLG
Thanks! Hope you read it!
I'd love to know what fool thought it was a good idea to only allow you to undo something once while editing.
"People only need to undo something once - when they hit undo a second time ask them if they want to restart the WHOLE video!!"
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 694.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.